Anybody running single Weber DCOE here?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did ,never again nothing I did would make it run right changed jets adjusted float levels and nothing worked exept for GIVING it away for FREE and put a weber on, it sucked and I have had other people tell me the same. not worth the time and money IMO

I assume you were reffering to the sidedraft right?I have heard some bad stuff but none of those folks had upgraded their cam.I think even a single side would require a bigger cam to keep up with it.Of course a lynx x flow would work best.

A 32/36 though is always great.Unless its shot.I have afew that are shot (Basically overtightened tops get warped causing internal vacuum leaks causing it all to work wrong) but 4 great runners.I can never understand why anyone would have a problem with these.

so you had a 32/36 not a 45 dcoe? big difference.

No, I gave away my 45 weber DCOE on a lynx manifold and put back on my weber 32/36 then I built my FJ20 and put Mikunis on that. I think that DCOEs need to be ran in multiples to get the best performance I just dont think you can tune the single good enough to get any type of performance but I'm no expert by any means. if I were you sell the manifold keep the carb, find another 45 weber and get a manifold to run duels :D

I got a set of Mikuni 44s with nissan comp isolators and long runner intake for $500 bucks and I know Troy just sold a set of BRAND NEW Mikuni 44s never even mounted on a car for 1100 bucks so I guess that price is ok maybe a little high if you ask me

I think DCOEs are meant to used in mutliples.

double or nothing!

havent heard anything good about single DCOE, i have dual 45's

must be the manifold for the roadster :eek: i paid 1/4 of that for a rebuilt & complete set(short mani & linkage) of 40's for the LZ22

I can see NO LOGICAL explanation why one carb would not work,however TWO of the same carb would work. It just doesn't make ANY sense.:confused:

If you could come up with a reason I could buy it... but?!

Given that logic a Weber 32/36 would be better in pairs of two. A carb is a carb regardless of size. They all function the same. They mix gas and air and get it into the combustion chamber.

Maybe thats what has been said but it doesn't fly with me. No offense.

I think some people seperate duals and try to run one of them while it is jetted for only half of the engine size.Think of a single like dual single barrels.Twin carbs would be way more difficult to tune.

Some folks believe that a cannon single side mani wont work right since it gets 2 pulses per side,hence the lynx mani.I have no actual experience in this but as you say,its just fuel and air mixing.Even a 38/38 DGES should function better with a cam upgrade.A 32/36 is somewhere near 300cfm so what would a dcoe be?500 cfm capable?

I will eventually get around to running my twin mikunis but I would rather run a single.

The emulsion tubes play a huge role in getting them to run properly. The main problem I found was the numbering system weber used had no real rhyme or reason and made very little sense without some reference piece to tell exactly what you were putting in the carb. The bigger number didn't necessarily mean bigger jet or tube. I used to tune triple setups and they were hot and ran nice when they ran right. I liked the cannon manifold best as it had equalizer tubes btween the runners and was much more forgiving on tuning. If it was a direct runner mani, they had to be synced perfect to eliminate popping when cracking the throttle. On my TWM mani I drilled the top of each runner and made an equalizer tube for it and it made a big difference. I think a single would work fine if it had a proper plenum design. My old L28 had bigger cams too with the triple SK carbs and I drove it everyday until I went to a 350 in it. Wouldn't do that again... Unless maybe it was supercharged.

The main problem with running a single dcoe is in the manifold. With duals you get very even fuel distribution across all cylinders. With a single dcoe the outside cylinders get starved of fuel, and run considerabley leaner that the inside 2. This occures because the runners are not equal length and it is much easier for fuel to reach the inner 2 cylinders than the outer 2. Because of this, a single DCOE will never run perfect and the fuel/air ration across the cylinders won't be equal.

I got a set of Mikuni 44s with nissan comp isolators and long runner intake for $500 bucks

not bad price

like this one

yep they look like those but I need to get some air horns for them that will fit between the carbs and the brake master