Toyota Carina Barn Find

My parents live next door to an old brother and sister that dont take care or thier property. We have been mowing thier yard for a few years. We did a huge back yard Muck-Out years back and I saw this car in the garage. Asked them about it (71? Toyota Carina) and they said I cant have it. Fast forward years. and we are Rerofing, painting, and fixing thier old garage and house. Also we tore down and hauled off a falling in garage! For our efforts, they finally gave it to us. My Mom wants to drive it to work for a whyle and then give it to me. We will see how that works out :unsure: Plan on keeping it BONE STOCK for use as a daily driver! Will keep this thread updated with pics as we go!

First the garage its in:

100_3540.jpg

100_3542.jpg

100_3537.jpg

100_3539.jpg

100_3536.jpg

100_3543.jpg

100_3546.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan on keeping it BONE STOCK for use as a daily driver!

Ya right...We'll see how long that lasts! Knowing you it'll be slammed by next weekend, gutted, and a coffee can tip on straight exhaust to polish it off! Got can? tongue.gif

0.jpg

Seriously nice score though...Find any other treasures in there? Any rusty "yard art" you wanna hook a brotha up wit?

No offense though reading your post made my head hurt.

Sorry, computer froze and I lost my well put story. Fixed it!

Thanks guys, Im thinking the real hard thing may be getting it off my mom. She seems to really have taken a shine to that cute little thing.

Sorry, computer froze and I lost my well put story. Fixed it!

Thanks guys, Im thinking the real hard thing may be getting it off my mom. She seems to really have taken a shine to that cute little thing.

Just do random things to it, like adjust the carb so it won't idle well, so she can't stand driving it :P

Seriously nice score though...Find any other treasures in there? Any rusty "yard art" you wanna hook a brotha up wit?

I maby found a radioflyer wagon and some other cool stuff, maby not. Either way Probibly! You should come over and check it out, and ride the scooter!

Just do random things to it, like adjust the carb so it won't idle well, so she can't stand driving it :P

Brilliant!

Cool! I had one of those. Maybe I can be helpful somehow. Solid axle w/ coil springs... same reason you love 210s... right??

Is that the original paint?

All Stock Everything!

And is it the crappy toyota 4-link with the panhard bar?

I maybe found a radioflyer wagon and some other cool stuff, maybe not. Either way Probably! You should come over and check it out, and ride the scooter!

DUDE!!! Please tell me that lil red wagon of yours is rusty!!! I want! I want!I want! I've been looking for a crusty one for months.hyper.gif

I'm calling you tomorrow when I get home... Can you weight shift your scoot in gravel, burn out and get all sorts of crossed up?

Yes, like a Celica or AE86. But why do you say crappy?

Its really a 5-link with the panhard bar. The datsun has 4 bars set in a triangulated pattern to prevent side to side shift, instead of another bar.

And Kelly/lilblackwagon, just come on over to the parents slab sometime soon. We should be workin on there roof and junk for a weekish :rolleyes:

That little Carina is clean! I had a '71 Corona after I got out of high school. It had an 8RC. Strong running motor. Sold it to the neighbor.

IIRC, the Carina had the 2TC. You can pick up 3TCs from a '79 - '82 Corolla and really make that car scream.