New wheels, exhaust on the Frontier !! :) (sorry, not my Datsun)

Just thought I would post a couple pics of my Frontier. I've been working on it more than anything in the past few weeks.

I bought these wheels from Radim on here, (George) and his brother Edward's friend. They are OZ 18x8.5"s

They were chrome, but pretty corroded. I spend some days sanding, smoothing, priming and painting them. They ended up looking alright!

2ac0f3aa.jpg

a350e5a2.jpg

2f70c35d.jpg

01236904.jpg

47fdafa0.jpg

I also had a new exhaust built to go up and over most of the cross members, so i wouldn't drag on speedbumps anymore!

Went from the manifold, up over the trans xmember, to the cat, just below the carrier bearing xmember, to a Spintech 2.5" to 2.5"(x2) muffler, and up over the axle with twin tailpipes. sounds really growly, not rice at all. turns some heads for sure now.

74582105.jpg

56ccdce4.jpg

3d88c61f.jpg

video/sound clip

th_MOV07222.jpg

also did a cam swap from a couple different ka versions... stock frontier cams are 224 or something like that. I switched to 2 S13 exhaust cams (248/248) which gave amazing top end, but lost a little bottom end grunt... I finally switched to a 248/232 setup from S13/S14 donors, which gave back some bottom end torque, but kept the top end pull! win. had to modify the rear cam journal surface by plugging the rear oil hole, or else it would piss all the pressure out. (the truck and later 240 KA heads, don't have a rear cam journal anymore.

dd220b62.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How you learn to do a KA timming cam swap.

I reaaly need to know how to do this.

Since KA use buckets unstead of rocker arms I guess you dont need to lash them up(lash pads ect).????????

I've been reading on it for a while- the 240 guys have been experimenting for a while- the trucks are basically the same, but without the rear cam journal.

if youre using an exhaust cam on the intake side, you have to rotate it back 4 teeth retarded. (adjustable cam gears would be nice, but out of the budget)

here is one thread i was following: http://forums.nicoclub.com/my-comments-on-248-240-s13-cam-swap-t152578.html

and here is the jim wolf instructions: (i hope this link works. you can download the pdf pretty easy) http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:KILXyZVg5QAJ:www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/CAM%2520INSTALL%2520INST%2520FOR%2520KA24DE.PDF+ka24de+cam+swap+jim+wolf&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjeqrPSboNAvwXYRTdGl5EpjIWlpPAzV5-ks3ou_CWTnjHQPQzUaI8Ld1Q6MGXShdcNIVR0sgCUeUqti-bv18CeyOd6u7IEKuVXsxcA3x990_6UgG4ovCaUZ1XVkkT8Y1m7wlGB&sig=AHIEtbR6S-jLfpF0b_fn9ej2zImvZLz8ww

Ben thats a really nice agressive look. Does this mean the Nismo rims are now for sale :cool: ? & i like the exhaust...tucked up high & out of the way.

THanks mark. but, no- Nismo's arent for sale :) the go on the 521! :)

i love the truck, i wish i need all this to mine recently. What color are the wheels exactly? They are not quite black or gold, i like it alot! Did you just remove you rear bumper? or roll pan?

Thanks CB, that rear valance is the same one from the hardbody's. it was too much $ for a rollpan, so i spent $30 on that valance, and rattle canned it. cut a little recess for the tailpipes too.

very nice lookin fronty, like the new wheels also, and as pac asked, are you by chance wanting to sell the old take off wheels, very nice job you did there, i used to have a 2000 crew cab fronty, lowered it 3 and 4" and did a cat back exhaust turned out lookin good...tom

very nice lookin fronty, like the new wheels also, and as pac asked, are you by chance wanting to sell the old take off wheels, very nice job you did there, i used to have a 2000 crew cab fronty, lowered it 3 and 4" and did a cat back exhaust turned out lookin good...tom

Thanks, but sorry, not selling my Nismo's... they will be on the 521 as soon as it's back together :)

+1 for the Spintech! I have one on my 510 that I previously had on my hardbody, and gotta say they sound great on KAs and Ls

Wheels look hot too

yeah, honestly, i've never found a muffler that gave a good tone to these motors... maybe a turbo muffler with a long cherry bomb...

... but this sound, i'm stoked on! thanks!