1965 Datsun L320

Hey Guys,

I hate to do this but the economy has forced me away from this beautiful truck. I think I'm going to sell it if I can get back what I put in. I met a bunch of you guys when I first got this truck last year. I think in August?

I bought it for $3000 and all I did was drive it from the desert back to my house in Inglewood and then down to the Ratsun monthly once. I've taken it around the block to keep it running right but really no miles on it. I'm looking to get $3000.

Here are the pictures from when I got it a year ago. I need to and can take some new ones but it is the same truck.

I've got a bunch of extra parts from the guy I bought it from that he had from restoring it. This is a super straight body. No dents in the bed. Really amazing for this single wall thin metal. You could take this truck to the top of the heap with very little work.

It has an L16 motor (is that the engine that the 521 has?). I'm pretty sure he just swapped the original engine for one from the next model up. It runs great and you can do 60 on the freeway which you couldn't do with the original engine (i'm told).

Also, there is a dent in the front bumper that was there when I first got it but he also gave me a brand new chromed front bumper which is still wrapped in the foam from the chrome shop.

I'm sure there's a bunch more that I'm forgetting, but if you want to know anything, let me know. I'm in Southern California, right near LAX.

383454165_o.jpg

383454260_o.jpg

383454328_o.jpg

383454205_o.jpg

383454187_o.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a sweet truck but thats not a :D L-16.

Help me out. I can't remember what the guy who sold me told me. I know he swapped the original engine for one that was "more reliable" in his opinion.

Great looking 320!

Thanks Guys,

I haven't had a chance to look through my emails etc to find out the details of the engine but will do so this weekend. If someone was serious in wanting this truck, I could negotiate on the price. I also have some spare parts like bumperettes (that need chrome) that I could part with as well if anyone needs parts, let me know.

I do have the original wheels as well if anyone is interested in a stock looking truck. The amazing thing about this truck is how straight the bed is given that it is single walled steel. I don't believe any body work has ever been done on it.

Thanks for looking.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.