200sx's unite!!!!!!!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ holy fuuuu custom coils haha

Also jumped over from Cs12, since I saw a few of us did and wanted to chip in too! This is my 87, originally an SEV6 model...still technically an SEV6..but more like an SE-RV6 lol

DSCF3165.jpg

IMG_20110204_170330.jpg

th_VID_20110130_170453-1.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen that S10 before around for sale if I remember. If I had the room and the spare cash, which is being spent elsewhere, I would pick it up for sure. One day I would like to collect as many of the gens as possible.

One place you may have seen it was page 3, #51 of this thread. Please note when I said in that post the mileage was "Around 75K miles..." I was waaaay wrong. What happens when I rely on my poor memory. Actual figure on the odometer was the 41K the eBay seller says it is. The rest of the history stated in the eBay description is accurate as far as I know. I hope the SX finds a loving home. It probably is about as nice as you can expect from a 30+ year old Datsun. The seller deserves to make a little money on this one, too, after driving across the state to trailer it back, and doing what looks like quite a few hours work on the fuel, brakes, and general cleanup. I hope someone meets the reserve on it.

Len

If anyone cares, the eBay '77 200SX sold this morning for $3240. A good price like this maybe helps raise the value of my beater SX - to like $300! Back when it was here in E WA, I thought of buying it for resale, but I just plain didn't want to do the work. I suspect the car being moved to the Portland area helped the bidding a lot, although no way of knowing where the buyer is located. I'm pleased someone bought it. I hope it shows at Canby this year.

Len

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

HUGE Silvia S10 afficianado here. :)

I am selling my #2 1978 Datsun 200sx (as I can't bear to part it out). I am selling via Craigslist in Chicago. I have a link to it on another thread in this forum (if I post the link at multiple forums here, that'd be bad forum ettiquete).

I will post a pic of the one I am keeping post haste. It appears I finally have found the right Datsun forum to talk to other S10 owners (very hard to find ya'll).

I first owned a 1978 Datsun 200sx in Southern California (when I was in the Marine Corps) from 1983 to 1988. It was horrible olive green and a 5 speed, but it was a great car for someone keeping costs down while having a car hardly anyone else had.

I picked up my present '78 200sx in Minnesota last year (the car originally came from Alaska of all places) and it still has an interior that feels only 5 to 6 years old (the plastic isn't brittle, and the dash is original and shines like new). It has some rot, but it appears minimal (the rest of the car is in great shape).

The 200sx I am selling is a survivor (from LA) that I picked up last year originally to restore and then to use as a parts car.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint), it runs too good and has no rot. It just needs a lot of elbow grease to get it into a daily driver (or show material). Its bones are excellent tho and it runs/drives (once someone rebuilds the brake master cylinder and replaces the brake bleeder valves... new parts which are coming with the vehicle).

More to post soon. I'm glad to have found this forum...........

Helped get this car together at the last minute for the Mitty at Road Atlanta this last weekend.

I/We built a motor last week and broke it in 2am Tuesday, just before the Mitty. Ran 3 races.

204634_10150182214476665_817906664_6603246_6625286_o.jpg

Its the actual championship winning chassis from back in the day. Graphics restored to championship graphics.

Helped get this car together at the last minute for the Mitty at Road Atlanta this last weekend.

I/We built a motor last week and broke it in 2am Tuesday, just before the Mitty. Ran 3 races.

204634_10150182214476665_817906664_6603246_6625286_o.jpg

Its the actual championship winning chassis from back in the day. Graphics restored to championship graphics.

VERY NICE!!!! How was the reaction from the crowd?

• 2 months later...

Well, the guy I sold / traded my spare 200sx to...... already is selling it. :(

Bummer.

That is too bad, but maybe the new owner will love it more. I've been emailing with a guy from AZ who was looking for one. He bought one in WY, but he still might like details on your old one FS. Is there a craiglist ad for it, or do you have details, like the price?

Len

We already have "210's/610's/710's unite" threads. Time we have a 200sx unite thread.

maybe we already have a nice number of 200sx's in the house?

post some photos!!!! share your plans!!!!

._____________________________________________________

30lnfkn.jpg

GREAT THREAD ! Im new to the forum and a 1st gen 78 200 sx owner. luv the pics...when i fu\igure this out ill post some of my beast.

• Like 1

Newbie here, Just tryin to find my way around and say Hello.

I am an 1st gen 200sx owner and enthusiast. always looking for like minded people .

Great to see another 1st gen SXer on here. I'm guessing you and I have exchanged a few emails about SXs, unless I have the wrong AZ SX guy. Do you have your car yet, or still waiting for it to arrive?

To post pics, just type [ IMG] then the URL of the pic you want to post, copied & pasted from your pic hosting site, like Flickr or Photobucket followed by [/img] after the URL. That is pretty much it. Hit Preview Post, and your pic should magically appear. Even a technophobe like me has managed to do it a few times. Here is a more complete explanation: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/ For me, the cropping and reducing file size before sending to the host site is the involved part, but I usually figure that out after awhile. Note, when I typed [ followed by IMG], I had to type a space between the bracket and the I, or it wouldn't show in the final post. Kinda strange. When you type it in front of your URL, I suspect you can't have a space between, or it won't work to post the pic.

Looking forward to seeing your SX.

Len

Great to see another 1st gen SXer on here. I'm guessing you and I have exchanged a few emails about SXs, unless I have the wrong AZ SX guy. Do you have your car yet, or still waiting for it to arrive?

To post pics, just type [ IMG] then the URL of the pic you want to post, copied & pasted from your pic hosting site, like Flickr or Photobucket followed by [/img] after the URL. That is pretty much it. Hit Preview Post, and your pic should magically appear. Even a technophobe like me has managed to do it a few times. Here is a more complete explanation: http://community.rat...e-photo-albums/ For me, the cropping and reducing file size before sending to the host site is the involved part, but I usually figure that out after awhile. Note, when I typed [ followed by IMG], I had to type a space between the bracket and the I, or it wouldn't show in the final post. Kinda strange. When you type it in front of your URL, I suspect you can't have a space between, or it won't work to post the pic.

Looking forward to seeing your SX.

Len

hey Len.,

Yep its me Dan from AZ.

I dont have it yet but its a done deal. I am still VERY interested in your sale as well.

Thanks for the pic info..man i cant believe how involved it is to post pics.

hey Len.,

Yep its me Dan from AZ.

I dont have it yet but its a done deal. I am still VERY interested in your sale as well.

Thanks for the pic info..man i cant believe how involved it is to post pics.

Fishhead (Dan from AZ).:

Did you get that yellow 200sx from Tucson, AZ?

Fishhead (Dan from AZ).:

Did you get that yellow 200sx from Tucson, AZ?

No he wants $4,100 too much for me and its been done already, plus its an automatic.

I plan on restoring mine with my son. Im kinda torn between stock or mod................i am leaning more toward mod.

the car in the profile pic is the one I got its pretty rough around the edges but its a runner.

Are you or anyone else on here familiar with those new dash caps that supposedly snap in over existing dash??

Those carpet things really look cruddy.

No he wants $4,100 too much for me and its been done already, plus its an automatic.

I plan on restoring mine with my son. Im kinda torn between stock or mod................i am leaning more toward mod.

the car in the profile pic is the one I got its pretty rough around the edges but its a runner.

Are you or anyone else on here familiar with those new dash caps that supposedly snap in over existing dash??

Those carpet things really look cruddy.

I agree that $4,100 is a large chunk of change. Regarding going "mod", you might not have much of a choice as it is getting very difficult to stay stock with there being little in the parts department regarding interior / exterior parts (mechanical is another thing... that is much easier to deal with).

The dash cap is a perfect solution to a cracked dash (just fill in the crack and sand down first so adhesive will work great). Already have used one on another 200sx I used to have, and it looked stock (you see an edge.... but that is along the dash lines so it doesn't detract.

My car just needs upholstry on the seats, some mechanical resolutions (drivetrain has vibration issue, possible rear end or ujoint issue), and the rockers cut out and replaced with metal (and painted). otherwise, mine is in great shape (and once the seats and headliner are done, the interior will look almost mint).

I agree that $4,100 is a large chunk of change. Regarding going "mod", you might not have much of a choice as it is getting very difficult to stay stock with there being little in the parts department regarding interior / exterior parts (mechanical is another thing... that is much easier to deal with).

The dash cap is a perfect solution to a cracked dash (just fill in the crack and sand down first so adhesive will work great). Already have used one on another 200sx I used to have, and it looked stock (you see an edge.... but that is along the dash lines so it doesn't detract.

My car just needs upholstry on the seats, some mechanical resolutions (drivetrain has vibration issue, possible rear end or ujoint issue), and the rockers cut out and replaced with metal (and painted). otherwise, mine is in great shape (and once the seats and headliner are done, the interior will look almost mint).

Thats great about the dash cap. I was very skeptical.I really apreciate the info.

I wish i had the car already its killin me not being able to start tearing into it. I have been searchin high and low for any and all parts outlets.I have contacted a few junkyards as well but no luck...........yet...i realy need a grille mostly and have sent requests to salvage lots that claim to have them but i havent heard back yet.

I tried to get a good pic but the seller is away till the 22nd. he gonna send one when he gets back.