583 replies to this topic

#41 Pumpkn210

Pumpkn210

Ape Drape

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • Cars:83 Maxima 2x79-210(sedan&goon) 74 620 Custom, 57 Chrysler Imperial

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hey, my F10 is offended! If the subject is Ugly Datsuns, it doesn't want to be overlooked.

Kind of entertaining seeing a Datsun with most everything electrical actually working.

Len

Sorry to your F10...... Sorry for your F10...... seriously..... Im sorry! ;)

And +2 on the Electrics! :lol:
Be carefull, some of these are jokes! And Dont forget to bring a Towell!

Posted Image

I got hard from the glove box mural.

#42 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts
  • Cars:It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

got this for free last monday

Posted Image

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#43 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,541 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

You know if there were more around to look at they wouldn't catch me by surprise every time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Burabuda

Burabuda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

yeah well more datsun lovers need to start giving the love to the oddball datsuns (hat tip to w)
Posted Image
here's a properly installed impact strip (still shitty looking imo)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Skib

Skib

The Kraken

• User Administrator
  • 20,662 posts
  • Cars:1982 280ZX Turbo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

theres some rad pics in my old L engine building book Ill have to snap some pics

"your wrong like sex in a crib and someone needs to slap the shit out of you!"

Posted Image

Now that the tears have stopped and I've brushed my teeth, welcome to ratsun..." - Rhapakatui

"I post.... therefore .. I am." - datzenmike
< Ratsun Cards order thread > ........ < 510 rear coilover order thread >

#46 LenRobertson

LenRobertson

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Cars:'72 510 4-door, '79 200SX, '77 F10 humpback

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

got this for free last monday

Posted Image

Wow, an SX that looks worse than mine! A Ratsun if there ever was one. What are your plans for it? Full restoration? Keep it as is, drive it Canby next year just to offend all the owners of pretty Datsuns? Park it there with a hidden camera and record the reactions.

Len

#47 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,541 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

Look, all I meant was if they were around more, if we had more owners on here with them I'd feel more comfortable. Seeing the 200sx is like walking into a room where a woman is breastfeeding her child and you look away suddenly. I know it's a natural thing to see them both and there is nothing sexual, you want to look but don't want to stare, it's just weird is all.
Posted Image

#48 LenRobertson

LenRobertson

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:30 AM

Look, all I meant was if they were around more, if we had more owners on here with them I'd feel more comfortable.

So what I'm thinking is the single best thing to legitimize the 1st gen 200SX is for datzenmike to add one to his collection. If one of the most knowledgeable, respected members of Ratsun owned one, other Ratsuners would have to accept them (disregarding, of course, the opinions of non-Ratsunites. Who cares what they think?). How about it datzenmike? Can you just admit you have a secret craving for an SX and buy one, or do we have to take a poll or vote or something and decide for you?

Always happy to try to lead others astray.

Len

#49 Burabuda

Burabuda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

^ amen. if the youngsters see a ratsuner they look up to with a 200sx, who knows what can happen

people go on and on about the styling. well keep in mind that the s10 (first-gen 200sx) was one of the few nissans to make it from artist's concept to production car virtually unchanged

if all datsuns were done up that way (they weren't) the s10 wouldn't shock as much

Posted Image

#50 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,541 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

How about it datzenmike? Can you just admit you have a secret craving for an SX and buy one, or do we have to take a poll or vote or something and decide for you?
Len

Hey Len, I said it wasn't sexual. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I like all things Datsun. The S10 isn't ugly exactly :D It's like eating olives or sushi, it's an acquired taste. I will say that If I found one in good shape like my 710 and cheap I would have it. I like driving around in my 710, people (most over 30) glance at it and you can see them trying to remember.... something... A first gen would be rad to be seen in. I could get used to it but to everyone else who sees it drive by it's like a mouthful of sushi. :lol:
Posted Image

#51 LenRobertson

LenRobertson

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

I will say that If I found one in good shape like my 710 and cheap I would have it.

Here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Owned by an older lady, possibly second owner. Around 75K miles, pretty sure it isn't 175K. Driver's side front fender has a crease, but the rest of the body is great. I don't recall much rust, if any. Original paint I think. Interior nice, although suncracked dash. Has the original wheel covers.
Hasn't been run in 10 years or so, so good chance of the carb/fuel lines needing attention. Auto trans, although that can be converted. Given time, I can find a pedal set at Pull n Save. The keys were lost with the steering column locked, but I noticed she has been moving the car around, so I wonder if something has been done to get the wheel turnable. I hope they didn't use an ax or sledge on the column. Located here in E Washington, west of Spokane, so you don't even have to fight traffic when you come to pick it up. You might bring a good carb and drive it home, but that could turn into a real Ratsun adventure. Asking price was around $650 a year or so ago. I happened to do a driveby yesterday, and it is sitting there waiting for a new owner.

Always happy to try to lead others astray.

Len

#52 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 66,541 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

:lol: :lol: I smell a set up Len!!!

Wow that is good price though. Body looks excellent! I hate body work. Hmm it would have to pass an out of province safety check before it could be licensed. Wonder what the rules are on importing US cars are. My boss drove an '08 'Vette back, I'll ask him.

My Sundance insurance lapsed (not needed) so my wife started driving the 710 to her work. (I bike) She is slowly going Ga Ga over it, says guys are always looking it/her over. :lol: I may not get it back! I have another '76 710 goon in town that we may make an offer on later this fall. If we get it, we'll bring it to Canby next year and camp out in it.
Posted Image

#53 LenRobertson

LenRobertson

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

:lol: :lol: I smell a set up Len!!!

You may have guessed, I'm trying to find a good home for this poor orphan SX so I don't buy it myself. I already have one SX, and there are other model Datsuns I want but don't have yet - like a 610. If a cheap 2-door shows up nearby, I know I won't be able to resist. There was a 610 wagon for sale over in N Idaho last year I did resist, but I keep thinking of going back and trying to find it. If it is still there a year later (unlikely I know), it would have to be cheaper, right? And I could haul a lot off stuff in a wagon, right? But meanwhile, I need to work on the three Datsuns I have, plus newly arrived '70 Maverick.

Len

#54 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 12,985 posts
  • Cars:It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Wow, an SX that looks worse than mine! A Ratsun if there ever was one. What are your plans for it? Full restoration? Keep it as is, drive it Canby next year just to offend all the owners of pretty Datsuns? Park it there with a hidden camera and record the reactions.

Len

Posted Image little late for the full restoPosted Imagebut good news trans works good!!....

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#55 Burabuda

Burabuda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

love that color ... and the stripe is 70's sexy
Posted Image

#56 Burabuda

Burabuda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

er, guess it's up to me to not let this thread die lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 bonvo

bonvo

Dr. Frankenstein

• 10,050 posts
  • Cars:73 datsun 610(the zombie 610) 56 chevy 3600 77 620 kc 03 se-r

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

id rock one of these if i could afford one

the first rule of Ratsun is you don't talk about Ratsun... no wait thats fight club.....

....the first rule of Ratsun is PICS OR BAN! :fu:

http://community.rat...on-resurection/
http://www.build-thr...1/#comment-5259

http://community.rat...-bought-a-what/

its like pikachu cuz its always his go to, the ol relaiable, looks cute kicks ass on the reg. and the 610 is charizard.... when ya really need to lay down some shit. lol - skib

#58 bluestreak

bluestreak

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cars:1985 200sx turbo

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Figured I'd join the ratsuns to show my support for the 200sx!! I've got an 85 200sx turbo built by Turbo Tom.Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 LenRobertson

LenRobertson

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

Figured I'd join the ratsuns to show my support for the 200sx!! I've got an 85 200sx turbo built by Turbo Tom.

I came very close a few years ago to buying a Turbo SX of this vintage. It had the cool Turbo hood scoop, and was Red. Of course it was not running, or I wouldn't have been looking at it. I chickened out as I was afraid of a bad engine or something. I've always wondered what I missed - good or bad. I've never seen it driving around Spokane, but never seen it at Pull n Save either. Not having a trailer and already having too many projects does keep me out of trouble sometimes.

Len

#60 fisch

fisch

Resident Ratsun Artist

• User Administrator
  • 6,102 posts
  • Cars:1970 510 Wagon, 1959 Datsun 1000 sedan, 1972 Datsun 510 LZ22, Sold. 1971 PL521 Pickup

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

I have some love for the 200sx's! Next to the f10 they are about as wacky as Datsun gets! I started a thread about them ages ago y'all might find interesting...

Ratsun 200sx thread