1982 Datsun Maxima Wagon Diesel CA: $2000

Car is not offered up for the crank shaft. We promised it would never see that fate. This is a GREAT running Diesel Maxima Wagon being offered as a running daily driver. We are not pressed to sale this car. If it doesnt sell it will be given to another family member or kept.

Brown 175K miles. 3spd automatic. Grey interior.

Pros

Comes with service records, well maintained.

class 1 tow hitch

great gas mileage

couple of boxes full of spare hard to find parts

including

-extra IP

-extra primer pump and filters

-extra alt with vacuum pump

Car has a great ride(not worn out)

Brakes have been checked and parts have been replaced that needed to be

The AC works

Cons

has some rust

Interior is musty from sitting.

If you put your foot into the pedal your going to get a plume of black smoke.(kind of a Pro if you ask me since no one will tail gate you)

offering it at $2000

email for best response.

Photo0097.jpg

P1040472.JPG

P1040473.jPG

P1040474.JPG

P1040475.JPG

P1040476.JPG

P1040477.JPG

P1040478.JPG

• Like 1
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could buy this now............... But I'm wondering what are the inspections like to register a Diesel Goon in Cali?

Is it inspected every 5 years? ..... or is it only once after buying it?............. That would be such an awesome sleeper with a RB25DET

I purchased it out of state(Washington). It was inspected for Vin verification only. I am in Ca. I am an Advanced Smog technician as well. This ca will never be inspected under the current laws or any proposed laws that I am aware of. Ive seen lots of people do exactly as your thinking. RB series engine in an old Diesel Maxima or L28et. They only get inspected if a CHP pulls them over and the CHP "determines" it needs to be sent in, or you live in an area where they do random roadside inspections like in Southern Ca or Davis Ca.

Although its not that hard to turbo the LD... Well at least Ive done much more difficult things.

P1040481.JPG

P1040482.JPG

P1040483.JPG

P1040484.JPG

P1040485.JPG

P1040486.JPG

P1040487.JPG

P1040488.JPG

P1040489.JPG

Car Seat NOT included... lol

I do have a bunch of parts for the car. I have a set of front seats with head rests that are not torn, but they are tan not grey like the rest of the interior. The car is about function not style so it did not matter to me.

I purchased it out of state(Washington). It was inspected for Vin verification only. I am in Ca. I am an Advanced Smog technician as well. This ca will never be inspected under the current laws or any proposed laws that I am aware of. Ive seen lots of people do exactly as your thinking. RB series engine in an old Diesel Maxima or L28et. They only get inspected if a CHP pulls them over and the CHP "determines" it needs to be sent in, or you live in an area where they do random roadside inspections like in Southern Ca or Davis Ca.

Although its not that hard to turbo the LD... Well at least Ive done much more difficult things.

^^^ This is one way to get away with doing an engine swap in CA on a post '75 vehicle while still avoiding emissions issues. Since the 80's Maxima is basically a 280zx with a sedan body (RWD w/IRS on the sedans) it could be a pretty fun car with just a turbo or RB swap. There was a really clean one for sale here about 6mo ago that I was really tempted by, but already have one huge project :P

Good luck with the sale

Isn't this Al Savage's old wagon from the Nissan Diesel forum? You've jacked the price up quite a bit...

I sold my Maxima diesel sedan for $700. Would have kept it if it was a stick.

Good luck with your sale.

Yes it is Al Savages old Wagon. Actually for what Al had it listed for and what was paid to get it to Ca were 2 different prices. Al also paid a good portion to help get it to us. I have also kept an eye out for what they go for in this area.

Weve been using it almost everyday since we bought it from him. Ive had to list several of my cars for sale because we are moving and things are not as ideal as we had hoped with the housing. Its really a matter of space and what cars we want to keep and what we need. We need to replace some of these cars with one small truck.

We are also selling our 71 510 KA24e wagon and out 94 Infiniti Q45. That will take us down to 4 cars(2 early Zs, a Roadster, and the wifes BMW). Its a lot of cars to move into a place with. Both Z's will probably end up in storage and we'd like to get a small truck so that there are 3 vehicles at the house. We may end up handing the diesel wagon down to my sister.

We will see how it works out.

Wasnt your diesel a grey sedan with a bad automatic? It had almost perfect interior?

The previous owner said "it got about 25-27. Lately, I've seen

slightly higher numbers, up to around 29 and possibly 30, and one

out-of-range 32 that I don't believe". He didnt drive it much though. We are consistently getting between 340 - 390 miles on a 11 gal tank depending on how much highway driving we do. The car makes a 200 mile round trips every other week and gets us around to work and kids to school almost every other day.

Heck with the crankshaft, I'd love to get my hands on a complete running LD28, turbo it, and use it in my 240Z! I love diesels, but everybody always pilfers the cranks and tosses the rest :frantics:

This will help you http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/91450-ld28-motor-swap/page__p__867568__hl__LD28__fromsearch__1entry867568

I'd be rockin' the veggie-oil in this one. Just curious, but what do people do with the cranks out of those? Are they super-strong and end up in Z motors?

Pretty much... Look up L series "Stroker".

This car has ran Bio in the past.

Pressure washed the car.

Im going to see about getting my hands on some polish compound. 3M's professional stuff should do the trick. There is nice paint under there. Its just been sitting in Oregon since around 2004. I should be able to get it to shine minus the rust near the bottoms of the doors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.