My GOON UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

So i realized i never actually started a project thread for my wagon so im just gonna start from the start to where i am now. sorry i never took a whole lotta pictures.

day 1

510wagon.jpg

510wagondriversside.jpg

did a little paint work and played around with maybe putting in a vg30.

thegoonvg30e.jpg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pulled l20 cleaned and scrubbed like hell to clean up my engine compartment and painted it.

PAINTEDMOTORCOMPARTMENT.jpg

installed the pedals to rid of that damn auto

000_0296.jpg

then after i found a deal on a ka that i could not turn down the hell began!

flipped crossmember

utf-8BZmxpcHBlZCB3ZWxkZWQuanBn.jpg

so after realizing how soft goon leafsprings were and my diff slapping the floor before i had even drove the car i started doing some reading. since i really like drag racing i figured id do a ladder bar/panhard rod setup.

goonladderbar1.jpg

goonladderbar3.jpg

goonladderbar4.jpg

goonladderbar5.jpg

• Like 1

Lookin good my wagOOn brutha. I really like those seats. They look comfy. Having just done my engine bay I know what you mean about scrubbin & cleaning :blink: It sure does make a nice backdrop for the clean fresh motor tho. Looking forward to seeing more from this build :thumbup:

right now im trying to find some decent tail light gaskets mine are non-existent and i gotta have em to keep the water/mud road grime outta the rear quarters. here is a pic i just went and shot. just finished installing another vw radiator and a GM style 1 wire 105 amp alternator.

DSC00162.jpg

even got a vid of it finnaly running right

I did all of it in a tiny ass garage that my car and welder barley fit in. The rear suspension was a major deal lots of thinking researching etc i havent driven the car yet and im sure it will need some tuning. with those big ass rubber bushings it articulates well to keep it from binding up on the street.

I started this project like 2 years ago its been a major project. I didn't take a lot of pics like I should have so a lot of stuff is undocumented but its just a money pit really so I just tinker around with it as time and money permits. I have a much bigger garage now so that helps my motivation.

right now im trying to find some decent tail light gaskets mine are non-existent and i gotta have em to keep the water/mud road grime outta the rear quarters.

have you considered press-tight? you will find its used on ac systems but you can get it in a roll and cut out what you need this is what i did for the gaskets on the 610 and it doesnt leak after you take it off the roll its like giant rubber boogers and you press it into where it needs to be to make the seal

• Like 1

The lsd is an old roadster torsen unit I had to machine it to actually fit a 3.9 gear ratio. Bonvo enlighten me a little more on that stuff because wagon gaskets are nla from nissan and I really wanna but the body back together.