So.Cal/Torrance Japanese Classic Car Meet! SUMMER NIGHTS!

zetozeto99

These meets have been going for over a year now! If you don't know.. now you know: FIRST FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH! Come on out to the So.Cal/Torrance Japanese Classic Car Meet: SUMMER NIGHTS EDITION!! If you have never been to the meets before... now is the time! These are best months to come out and reminisce about those good ol' days while checking out some of So.Cal's finest Japanese Classics!

All Old School Japanese Cars are welcome to attend! Come out and support your local Japanese Classic Car scene! Bring your Classic Datsun, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, etc! Come represent your favorite make and model! Great turn outs! Lots of surprises! You never know who will show up in what! Pass the word to your friends!

PLEASE! No attitudes, No revving/burn-outs/racing will be tolerated! Keep it cool or you will be asked to leave and banned from future meets! This is a family oriented event and we want to keep it that way!

**Where:

Torrance Cross Roads

Near the In-N-Out

24445 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, CA‎ 90505

**When:

*June 4th *July 2nd *August 6th

7pm until whenever everyone leaves! See ya there!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone attending tonight has a "Ratsun & Wrenches " sticker please bring it and I will buy it from you. Or any of these other parts:

1) 620 console (clean please)

2) 620 rear view inside mirror (clean!!!)

3) 620 gearshift knob (oem ) any condition

4) 620 1600 badges

My buddy told me that the coppers broke this event up? Is this true?

Seemed kinda weird to hold a meet on private property in the first place. Isn't that asking for trouble?

I left at 9pm, so i dunno what happened after that.. anyone have any info?

No the Cops did not break it up per-se... but were probably a defining factor why everyone decided to leave a bit early (if you consider after 10pm early). The cops pulled some random idiot over who ran a stop sign (wasn't a a part of the meet) and were more than likely called in because some idiot in a WRX decided he wanted to practice is mad Rally skills in the parking lot (also not a part of the meet). The cops spoke with me and were generally cool with us being there... although it did appear they followed one Z out for whatever reason.

Like I say every month... Be cool. No burn outs or racing. The cops won't bother us.... I suggest we all hammer this into our peers if we want to continue these meets!

Thanks for coming out everyone! See ya next month!

I got pulled over by the same 2 police cars that were in the parking lot about a mile away from the meet. He got me for not having my current registration sticker on my plate. All my fault...... After showing him the sticker, driver's license and insurance, he let me go. He did say, however, that "he could write me up for a bunch of stuff." I'm sure glad he didn't.

I got pulled over by the same 2 police cars that were in the parking lot about a mile away from the meet. He got me for not having my current registration sticker on my plate. All my fault...... After showing him the sticker, driver's license and insurance, he let me go. He did say, however, that "he could write me up for a bunch of stuff." I'm sure glad he didn't.

That's gay dude. Cops suck. They buncha self righteous mofo's. If you're a cop and reading this forum, I hope you slip on a banana and drop all your doughnuts and coffee.

My experience is that OC cops are pretty dicks... never had a problem with a SouthBay cop aside from a speeding ticket. Which was obviously my fault. The general rule is... if you aren't doing anything wrong they will leave you alone.

My experience is that OC cops are pretty dicks... never had a problem with a SouthBay cop aside from a speeding ticket. Which was obviously my fault. The general rule is... if you aren't doing anything wrong they will leave you alone.

10-4 good buddy. Cops are there to protect you from yourself. If you do stupid shit they are going to f with you.

We had someone call the cops on last time I went to the O.C. meet. The cops pulled up and said they had a complaint about us blocking the road. This was not the case, that person was just an ass hole and was in a hurry to get to carls jr. We told him that and he was very cool about it.

Some of you might think all cops are ass holes. But who you gonna call when you ride gets ripped off or wrecked.

In all my years the only time I've had a problem with cops is when I was doing something stupid. And you will find that most of them are car guys just like us.

The location of this meet is known as a "street race" meeting spot. Wednesday nights were notorious for meeting up at this spot. One time last year, they blocked all the exits and had about 6 tow trucks. They gave out tickets for every possible infraction. I was there in my fully legit '98 240SX, so I didn't get hassled.

When I got pulled over the other night, I made sure to tell him that we were "old school" car enthusiasts who shared a passion for Datsuns. I also mentioned that we were older guys who were not into the "racing" scene. I think that helped me get off the hook the other night.