Interior pictures 521

521Dave

Hi looking to redue the interior on my 521. I need them to be as OEM as possible, want to make it original. Also any shots with accesories my version seems to be pretty plain so any options like clock etc.

Thanks!

521Dave

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled my door cards off and noticed 2 holes in the card thats not on the otherside. the passenger door has what looks like a mounting point for a arm rest. the drivers door has the same marks but no holes to mount one. So im guessing that there was an arm rest option??

Anybody else have this?

get a original owners manual and it lists and shows pics of the options and interior. i have arm rests from a 620 or 720 on both of my 521's but have never seen a real factory installed pair. i have door jam dome switches on both my 521's but have never seen a factory installed pair. the clock is as hard to find as bigfoot. the original speaker that mounts under the glovebox is hard to find. locking glove box. locking fuel door. locking radio antenna (also came on the roadster). cig lighter was a option too.

some cool upgrades to get is the red hazard knob that has a pic of a headlight on it (i have it on my headlight switch). interior pull handles from a 520 or 320. metal dash cap from a 520. metal package tray from a 520 or 320. steering wheel with horn ring from a 520 or 510. datsun valve cover that says 1600 on it. elephant oil cap.

link to a ebay owners manual.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Datsun-1972-PL-521-TU-H-Pick-Up-Truck-Owner-Manual-/380239006086?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item588802c986

some of my interior pics.

interior7-08re.jpg

doorpanelleftre.jpg

notice how my rug is under the trans tunnel plate. most dont do it like that but i think it looks cleaner.

re521interior1-08.jpg

speaker location.

kickpanelright.jpg

chrome door pulls and arm rests.

doorpanelleft.jpg

i'm sure what you really want to know is what the pattern on the door panels look like and the seat pattern? are you putting in a rug or the original style mat? i'm not sure if they all came with mats or not.

beware of the chrome window crank reproductions on ebay. quality isn't that great. dont get the rubber backed window channels either. their too tight for rolling the windows up and down. i'm trying the felt ones from idcozy soon. the repo fuse boxes are ok.

tool bag. the wrenches are really hard to find.

521gloveboxtoolbagemblem.jpg

Thanks! I do have the OG door pattern I was looking for the bench seat, did it also have the odd pattern on it just like the door cards? My bench is solid black vinyl no texture.

whats odd is my headliner and visors are white vinyl!?

So the floor just had a rubber mat, or did some come with carpet?

thanks for the info and the crossreferance is good to know as wellwink.gif

Couple shots of the dealer option A/C! Also you can see the NOS seat covers I scored. Interestingly one half is from a 520 and the other from a 521 and the embossed pattern between the two is different on close inspection, though the color is the same. I believe the lower diamond pattern is correct.

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

The door panels in this shot are original, but they've since been recovered.

IMG_4559.jpg

NOS seat cover stickers

IMG_4560.jpg

Couple shots of the dealer option A/C! Also you can see the NOS seat covers I scored. Interestingly one half is from a 520 and the other from a 521 and the embossed pattern between the two is different on close inspection, though the color is the same. I believe the lower diamond pattern is correct.

IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4574.jpg

The door panels in this shot are original, but they've since been recovered.

IMG_4559.jpg

NOS seat cover stickers

IMG_4560.jpg

Dang would be nice to have that A/C Socal is heating up! Is it possible I could get a close up pic of the lower seat pattern so I could give it to my interior guy to hunt for?? Please! with cherries on top!tongue.gif

nice fisch. i've never seen the seat covers before. i wonder if there was more than one style. i'll dig a little.

all of the visors and headliners were the off white color i believe. might have been a very light blue version of the visors. all dash caps and dash pand (top and bottom) were black. i think the 520 may have had a few different dash pan colors.

actually i think i have seen a few minor variations on the diamond patterns on the visors. i'll look.

i really dont think they ever came with rugs from the factory. i have a original floor mat i an try to get some pics of.

nice fisch. i've never seen the seat covers before. i wonder if there was more than one style. i'll dig a little.

all of the visors and headliners were the off white color i believe. might have been a very light blue version of the visors. all dash caps and dash pand (top and bottom) were black. i think the 520 may have had a few different dash pan colors.

actually i think i have seen a few minor variations on the diamond patterns on the visors. i'll look.

i really dont think they ever came with rugs from the factory. i have a original floor mat i an try to get some pics of.

Well, what I really have here are 2 bottom seat covers, which took a bit more tucking and filling with foam to get it to fit on the seat back. I got them form a member in Albany NY who had these and quite a few NOS 411 body pannels! This is all he had in seat covers though, I think he got them from an old dealership or something.

I am not 100% sure if the diamond pattern or the other type was correct. I remember I still had one or the other from my original seat, just torn all to hell. I will try to get out there with a camera and take some close-ups!

I imagine NOS seat covers are pretty to find. I've never seen others. But you know someone will find some and they will pop up on ebay someday!

I have an original 1972 521 with 66K on it that I would love to find an original green and white seat cover for.

Cosmo! Welcome. Nice to have another 521 rolling around New England! I think that is up to about 6 I know of. Someone told me the other day that they saw a 521 at a dealership in CT recently.

Cosmo! Welcome. Nice to have another 521 rolling around New England! I think that is up to about 6 I know of. Someone told me the other day that they saw a 521 at a dealership in CT recently.

Fisch thank you for the warm welcome ! I'm new to Datsuns and this is my first. I wish I knew how to post a photo of him.

Later

Joe