• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, JacobBieg said:

I need suggestions, keep in mind I'm only 17 and have a very small budget but there is a lot I want to do to my 210. Any thing I should add to the list?https://photos.app.goo.gl/hiRVtjLkwMv1FvSw6

What list? I only see pictures. 

Need to know what you have done so not suggesting something already done. Best bang for the buck is get what you have running as well as is possible. If you don't know the history I would begin with all new lubricants, engine oil and filter. Transmission and differential specially as they are hard to get at and easily ignored by previous owners. Anti freeze is another thing that has a shelf life and should be replaced periodically. Check belts and hoses.. hoses rot from the inside out. Replace any soft ones. Distributor wires are replaced by visually inspecting, if they look bad... they are. I wipe mine down with WD-40 on a rag every year. It cleans them and I get to inspect every inch for any wear or damage.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, JacobBieg said:

I need suggestions, keep in mind I'm only 17 and have a very small budget but there is a lot I want to do to my 210. Any thing I should add to the list?https://photos.app.goo.gl/hiRVtjLkwMv1FvSw6

What is it you want to do to it vs what needs to be done first is where you should start. And everything datzenmike said. It looks pretty solid on the outside. How’s the interior?

Edited by Cleopatra Jones
2 minutes ago, Cleopatra Jones said:

Your 210 is still a baby ❤️ That’s some pretty low mileage. I’m over 219k now and still going.

Thats awesome! Since moving to WA in 2019 we drive it 1k a year 🤣 its stays warm and dry in the garage and we drive it on most dry days. 

Yours looks like it just rolled off the lot! Immaculate!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hawaiian620 said:

Thats awesome! Since moving to WA in 2019 we drive it 1k a year 🤣 its stays warm and dry in the garage and we drive it on most dry days. 

Yours looks like it just rolled off the lot! Immaculate!

Thanks! I started my resto about 10-11 years ago. He’s always looked good but I’ve been sprucing him up over the years. I keep Stanley in the garage too. He hasn’t been my daily driver for years. Weekend toy and car show queen these days. LOL!

• Haha 1
On 4/14/2022 at 11:54 PM, Cleopatra Jones said:

What is it you want to do to it vs what needs to be done first is where you should start. And everything datzenmike said. It looks pretty solid on the outside. How’s the interior?

Interior is prefect other then a couple scratches and 2 rips in the drivers seat I've temporarily repaired

On 4/13/2022 at 9:48 AM, datzenmike said:

What list? I only see pictures. 

Need to know what you have done so not suggesting something already done. Best bang for the buck is get what you have running as well as is possible. If you don't know the history I would begin with all new lubricants, engine oil and filter. Transmission and differential specially as they are hard to get at and easily ignored by previous owners. Anti freeze is another thing that has a shelf life and should be replaced periodically. Check belts and hoses.. hoses rot from the inside out. Replace any soft ones. Distributor wires are replaced by visually inspecting, if they look bad... they are. I wipe mine down with WD-40 on a rag every year. It cleans them and I get to inspect every inch for any wear or damage.

I've been on this forum for a bit and done quite a bit, I'm the second owner and I've already done all new fluids, new wires, new sparks, new lights, thermostat, steering bushings, filters and stuff, sensors, a lot. I plan on ripping off all the antismog, porting the intake and exhaust and maybe redoing suspension.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have tire question. I can't remember what size tires I had before I got the new ones a few years back. I know I had the recommended size before. I didn't pay attention when I got the new tires (should have cause shop systems always have the wrong damn size for my vehicles) and I now have 175/70R13 which is messing up my mileage. The 175 tires they gave me are actually correct for the wagon and hatchback but the sedan takes 155. I have to drive 5mph over what the speedometer says in order to drive the correct speed limit. I looked at my owner's manual and the proper size is 155-13/6.15-13-4PR (whatever all that means) or 155SR13. I haven't found any 155SR13. I found a photo of a sedan and it has P155/80R13 which sounds really familiar and I think that's what I had previously and I can find that size. Can someone help a sista out and let me know if I get the P155/80R13 that I'll be good? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Cleopatra Jones said:

I now have 175/70R13 which is messing up my mileage.... Can someone help a sista out and let me know if I get the P155/80R13 that I'll be good? Thanks!

A 155/80-13 is the correct size for your car. I always ran 175/70-13s to get a little wider tire for better handling/safety. 

A 175/70-13 is only about 3mm shorter than a 155/80-13, and shouldn't put your speedo off by that much (no more than 1mph). And I would have thought the difference in fuel mileage wouldn't be noticeable? Maybe there's another issue?

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1

Great, thanks! I knew my tire size going in when I bought the new ones but stupid ass me didn't check before leaving with them and only noticed a few months later when I finally discovered they were throwing off my mileage. There's a lot of those radar speed signs in LA and every time I drive by one I check my speedometer to the sign and it's always 5mph off and only started with new 175 tires. Those new tires aren't hurting anything so I may keep them until they wear out but the mileage being off is driving me nuts. I meant to get the right size tires a while ago but I'm senile and kept forgetting. I ended up with the wrong size tires on my Pathfinder once and the front tires kept rubbing that plastic piece toward the front of the tire in the wheel well. I forget what that's called. I had to replace it and I bought new tires at the right size. I had to tell them which size because they all keep deferring to their computer and it's wrong. Anywho, thanks again for the verification. I'm sure I have the proper tire size written someplace but who knows where that is 🙂

19 minutes ago, Cleopatra Jones said:

only noticed a few months later when I finally discovered they were throwing off my mileage. There's a lot of those radar speed signs in LA and every time I drive by one I check my speedometer to the sign and it's always 5mph off and only started with new 175 tires. Those new tires aren't hurting anything so I may keep them until they wear out but the mileage being off is driving me nuts

Any chance they are a 175/75 instead of 175/70? That would throw your speedo off by 3-4%... 

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, sick620 said:

anyone have photos of a b210 on american racing libre style wheels? 

It was pretty common to race on them back in the day, so google around for racing B210s. 👍

image.jpeg.b7199f4bdd111eb4bca06d1aaecd921a.jpeg

A few other 4 spokes that caught my eye...

Revolutions:

image.jpeg.9ff9cb6704c3262579a12b04c91a758e.jpeg

image.jpeg.7620bfdc07990a32351a0062cdbc0dd1.jpeg

Not sure what these are...

image.jpeg.e1e6bca215b82ea073ddc04dda3c2d73.jpeg

And some JDM rareness for fun...

image.jpeg.83a6f4e4b470224f4ede1d03cbad2e84.jpeg

• Like 2