210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

Here's some castings my uncle's been messing around with. We got a couple different types of casting resin. One of them cures to white and there's another that is kinda translucent yellow. We've put some black die in both to see how they'd turn out. One of them came out gray for some reason.

10836_zpse164a883.jpg

And he's been dieing to try out this gold stuff he got.

108411_zpse18eba4c.jpg

I've been testing out different paint on one of the black ones. Kinda wanted to do these with a brush but I'm getting brush strokes like I thought I would. The spray paint is better. Testing continues........

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You better make friends with someone that knows Maya or Rhino or one of them other 3D modeling programs. That's gonna cost ya! The printing isn't so bad. It's getting someone to render it for you that costs you.

I can help out anyone looking to make a 3d file. I am an experienced Rhino user

Judging from the angle, it's using a suction cup on the rear wing window. You can get extensions that will allow to go out like that. They are neat but battery life is kinda eh and you do need a pretty big SD card for them. mine is 32 gb and it can only hold 2 hours worth of video.

Battery life isnt horrible. it lasted a few hours before i put it up, and still was on 2/3 bars of battery. i actually used an adhesive mount and placed it on the B-pillar. i don't remember what size memory card I got, but it holds like 2 hours of 1080p video. It is the hero 3+ silver edition, and YES i would recommend it to a friend  :thumbup:

Yes I'm working on some now. These prove a little more difficult than the last ones I made because it's a two part (front/back) casting and not one side like the others I did. Have to be careful or the air bubbles will ruin it so it's taking me a little more time to get a nice batch going. I'll post when I've got a few to pit up for sale.