rb26 Z

Stony

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Well we made it to the dyno but never got it loaded up. Worked on wiring and it took longer than expected and the next guy show up so we are just going to take it to the track and setup the rest there. Its real close as it is so it will be fun.

Here are some video

• 2 weeks later...

Well we fixed the voltage drop problem. but that didnt fix the miss. it looks like im leaning out. going to have to upgrade the pump and oh yea get the converter restalled, ITS WAY OFF!!!!!

th_137mph.jpg

th_139mph.jpg

And the best run of the day a 12.2 at 140MPH!!!!

no supra jokes please :lol_hitting:

th_140mphrun.jpg

are you leaning out for sure?

one of our race cars at 1000hp had some small amount of high freq interference from the alternator. It did the same sort of cutting out in the higher revs. it charged fine but was just starting to go bad. might want to check that out if you are stumped.

the high freq ended up messing with the ignition system we were using.

yea relatively sure that it is a lean problem... the fuel pressure is dropping off. I'm installing a fuel damper and downsizing my fuel system. current i have 1 -8 that splits into 2 -8 lines. going to downsize to -6 at the split if the damper doesn't help.

All the launches were very slow... painfully slow seems like it takes forever for boost to come on. labor day weekend we will be back out with 100 shot to spool the turbo and should get up and go. may get 155mph +

Well after many hours of troubleshooting my ignition miss/ leaning out problem we finally got all the issues worked out. turned out to be an intermittent igniter that would start dropping a cylinder when it got hot.

anyways. we made 610+ rwhp and if you factor in approx 30% drivetrain loss for the powerglide, dana 60 rearend and 31 inch tires that approx 780 crank hp at 9K rpm with 28 PSI. we are ultra conservative on the timing and i think there is allot more to come but the rest will be done at the track.

should have some video by wednesday

ClintDynoChart.jpg

Well had a very good night tonight.

Started out slow wanted to get a feel for it but by the 5th run i was ready to put the hammer to the floor.

Best run of the night was a 9.33 @ 146 mph

video is loading of one of the almost full boost launches.

Will psot when its done.

th_973145mph.jpg

The announcer was a fucking idiot.

it was test n tune and he kept talking shit about why my reaction time was so slow all day.

I was letting the other car go and running like a 3 second reaction letting the turbo spool and watching how long it would take. He knows nothing about cars and couldn't even read sponsorship stuff i had on the back. :lol:

Yea the last 4 series shots are of me heading right at the camera man. he was hangin over the guard rail and just barely got out of the way in time. it pushed in the rt rear 1/4 and scuffed the rt rear wheels thats about it. nothing major.