rb26 Z

Stony

Well its sounds like alot of you may know about hybridz.

here is my rb Z drag car project

The red Z project has pretty much come to an end. BUT The RB26 Z drag car has not. I found a really nice chassis on racingjunk.com here are some initial pics of the car first couple are of the car at the track with a V-8.

After that are pics of the car at my house during tear down. The engine compartment will basically get striped of all brackets and smoothed. Then my engine installed and all new brackets for the stuff for teh rb will be installed then the engine bay will get painted.

Its going to be slow going initially but by december i hope to have the car running.

So here are some of the initial pics. the checkerboard paint will be replaced with the same red as my first car.

qx6f0689_std.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

qx6f0113_std.jpg

DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

Ok all the plumbing is done now, my converter came in today.... So come dec 12th i will be tearing this things apart one more time for one last look over before final assy. Dosnt look as good as Ripz but im happy with it.

DSC02725.jpg

DSC02726.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you swapping shells? What fuel managment are you running? O and of coarse what is your best time :D

That car is sick! I love how drag cars are always slammed to :D

This thread pretty much sums it up

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123142

Racingjunk.com has everything you can think of check it out.

http://www.racingjunk.com

The red car was pulled from the chassis builder because it was in the shop for 4 years. Never completed and i wanted to race BAD!!!!!

The red car shell is for sale but the bad thing is im up in alaska. Good thing is i believe it is priced fair and could be shipped to the lower 48 for less then it would cost to build it to it's current state. Before the build i spent big bux on getting all rust removed and painted. 5k is the asking price. If i dont sell it i will bring it with me when i move ( USAF) and try to finish it.

So if there is anyone interested shoot me an email.

Stony7@gci.net

• 1 month later...
Wow the wiring looks like crap didnt realize that just looking at it. :blink:

Well, we all know how that goes. Do the work for weeks and every critic comes by and says "You really need to clean that wiring up" and you just kind of stare at them like they need to go stand on the railroad tracks for a while.

• 1 month later...

well the front clip is mounted minus the hood fasteners and some extra bracing.

Hood off.

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02907.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

Hood on.

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

Hopefully with any luck we will have it on the dyno this weekend and have some numbers. Still have to wire up the gages and some other minor stuff but all in all the big stuff is done

First I apologize for no video but here are the results of initial dyno tuning.

First the SSA 60mm WG worked fine and held 22 PSI with no problem. The cheapo eBay intercooler kept the IAT @ less the 85F and the TIAL knockoff didn

• 4 weeks later...