Our build thread....a 2dr 510 story

:rolleyes: ITS SAD TO SEE NOT A WHOLE LOT OF INTERST BUT SOME ARE NOT HONDA FANS.. LOL I LOVE HONDAS AND NISSANS BUT U CANT BEAT THE NA FEEL AND FOR THE PRICE I THINK IT IS NOT BAD.. SURE U CAN BUILD A KA24DE BUT IS IT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GO TO THE TRACK THEN DRIVE HOME AND STILL GET 30 + MPG??? CAN U EMAIL ME SOME PRICES ON THE WIRE SET UP AND PUT UP MORE PICS.. WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO FOR THE FUEL SYSTEM ? :cool:BREAKS?? PRICING

I figured that the s2k swap would put a sour taste in some peoples mouths on ratsun go i guess its to be expected. Wiring was 1000 for an ARC chassis harness, tucked engine harness (full rewire) p-n-p harnesses between the two and s2k guage wiring. All we will have to do is mount the harness and run wires for all the power/returns to each component. Im not very knowledgeable on wiring so we chose this route.

Prob going to run a fuel cell but not real sure on more info as of yet. wiring will be here in 6 weeks and pics will be posted.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice motor swap and restoration. It's nice to have somebody else take some heat away from 510 owners with a rotary engine. I am a hard core RX3, Rotary Pick up and RX7 owner, raced a lot against Z and 510's. Fell in love with the body line of the 510 and the rest is history. Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's, Japan's two power house in racing were the Mazda RX2, RX3 and RX7 Rotaries against the Datsun/Nissan Skyline, 510's, 240Z, 280Z and the 280ZX. It just makes since to me to have my unique Datsun 510 Rotary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need more pics

we should be going to pick the car up on thursday if everything goes well. we are still waiting on wedge engineering for some seat brackets for the recaros.

the shop is moving the seat brackets back a few inches for more legroom.

should have some good pics up by the end of the week hopefully

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed catching up on this build! It is kinda nice to watch a build on Ratsun with a very high budget! I love grass roots garage scraping too, but this is refreshing! I have often dreamed of sending my '59 out to be done for me! (Wish they were still doing Overhaulin! :lol: )

Wow we really didn't have much interest in this thread and all of a sudden everyone has started posting.

I want to apologize for the slow progress but the car has been at a shop about an hour away from where we live so the only time i post updates is when we go out there to check on progress but....

GOOD NEWS

My uncle picked up the car on thursday and brought it back to where we will be working on it so i will be able to post updates much more often

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is just a case of starting a build thread too early. Once the fab work is done then Im sure this will turn into a regular build thread. He hasnt had a lot of pics because the cars been elsewhere. gonna be pretty cool when done im sure.