New Gas gauge?

NWOleman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to put a new gas gauge in my 610 wagon but don't know what to buy? I know the gauge im gonna get but i dont know about the ohms or whatever datsun used for there gauges. Please help! What ohms range should i get?

Once a manufacturer has a seriously dangerous part perfected and past safety inspections (like and electrical device in a fuel tank) they tend to go with it for many years and in as many models as they can, rather than making a new one every year.

Having said that I say with some assurance that the mid '80s 720 gas tank I use worked perfectly with my 620 dash gage. There's no reason to believe that the same senders weren't used from the 60 till present day.

Here are the FSM resistances for the following tank levels:

Full...... 10 ohms

3/4...... 24.5 ohms

1/2...... 37 ohms

1/4...... 56.5 ohms

Empty.. 80 ohms

If anyone knows different, please say so.

So i talked to Jegs and Auto Meter and neither one of them knew for sure what exact guage i need. They said test the sender full and then empty with an ohm meter. Or buy the 200 plus dollar adjustable gas gauge meter! Not gonna do that! Can anyone test theirs easily and post results? Thanks again

Don't mean to sound like an ass... but actually, he said that he used an 80's gas tank (and sender) with a 620 gauge, and it worked... so it follows that you could use an 80's gauge with an older sender. So you can pretty much use any of the gauges with any of the senders.

Use the values that Mike posted... I don't think you'll get any different values otherwise. If there really was a difference between years, then there probably was a difference between models as well (different gas tank shapes?), and I don't think there's many people around with 610's. If you absolutely want to know for sure, get a multimeter and check it. They're a great investment if you're planning on doing ANY electrical work. I bought one for $20 and it works great... my only concern is that I didn't buy a better one right off the bat.