Sunny SX

I think its time to start a build thread for my project now that I started the swap.

I bought it about 3 years ago, it had the stock A13 in it. I drove the car home and the next day the lil "A" gave out. me and my dad swapped an A14 out of the 77 b210 I got from my cousin. I drove it for about 3 months then I let my dad borrow it one day to go to the store, he got in the free way and blew the engine.. at the time we couldnt find another A14 so my dad went to PnP and stole a set of A15 pistons from a late 70s 210. he bored out the A14 block to fit the A15 pistons and thats how it was running til like 2 months ago. Now Im doing a swap again, its the ka24e. I know its not a twim cam but well I already had another ka for parts so this is wat am working with..

this is how I bought it

74b210.jpg

and this is wat I want it to look when am done with it

b210.jpg

Now time for pictures....

S5031411.jpg

S5031409.jpg

S5031410.jpg

pulling the lil A out.

S5031412.jpg

S5031418-1.jpg

The ka24e..

S5031406.jpg

S5031405.jpg

my brother helping me grind the motor mounts

S5031428.jpg

S5031419-1.jpg

S5031421.jpg

S5031423.jpg

we were just testing how it fits

S5031438.jpg

S5031439.jpg

S5031440.jpg

looks like there is not enough room for the rad. and fan

S5031449.jpg

S5031441.jpg

S5031442.jpg

S5031454.jpg

S5031452.jpg

S5031448.jpg

S5031445.jpg

I havent cut and reverse the cross member, the engine was sitting on it. It should sit about 1 and a half to 2 inches lower, once I flip it.

S5031444.jpg

I know this has been done many times already, So any info would be apreciated...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the pics again it looks like the radiator support protrudes into the engine compartment and the radiator then mounts to it you could trim this back leaving about a 1/4 inch lip this will retain the stregnth, allow you to mount the radiator farther way giving you clearence for a fan and making the opening beiiger so you can fit a bigger radiator in it

looks like your gonna need to get creative for a radiator lol and i dont think its been swapped into a b210 many times i think you might be one of the first

yea I think you are right about into a b210.. but I meant the ka into any datsun.. I have some "general" questions that I need advice on. not exactly about the b210

2eDeYe' date='03 May 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1272918832' post='298930']

:cool: That's a tight fit!

Yea man I thought I was goint to have more room to fit the rad and fan. I think the radiator from the 240 would fit and Ill try to put the fan between the grill and the radiator support

I got a question about the fuel pressure regulator. Can I use the stock one or do I have to get an after market one?

and I have an electric fuel pump out of a 280z Can I use this pump?

stock for the KA? or stock for the sunny?

the 280z one should put out enough fuel, its made to feed an N/A 2.8L

this is the fuel pump I bought from a friend, he said he got it from a Z

S5031464.jpg

S5031460.jpg

which Z? if hes gotten it from a 240/240 it may just be the helper pump for the mechanical pump.

make sure its from an EFI car.

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive been working on the harness wiring since I cant work on the cross member til the weekend. or ill get a ticket. and I have a question about the ECU, can I use the ECU out of a 91 stanza? it has a ka24e with automatic trans. will it work on my ka?? if any body has any info its apreciated.. Ill upload pictures from the wiring in a bit if I have time or to night after work

you can mount the radiator in front of the metal shroud easily with a remote mount reservoir, like the vw sciorroco, and use electric fans. i got two 9 inch fans from flea bay for 40 bucks. when you get your bee running good, maybe you can come to battle of the imports in august here in bakersfield, famoso raceway.

you can mount the radiator in front of the metal shroud easily with a remote mount reservoir, like the vw sciorroco, and use electric fans. i got two 9 inch fans from flea bay for 40 bucks. when you get your bee running good, maybe you can come to battle of the imports in august here in bakersfield, famoso raceway.

yea man that sounds right.. ill see wat I can do when I get to that part of the swap.. wat happened with your car? u havent post in a while or did I miss something in your thread??

Im almost done with the wiring ( I hope ) later on today am gonna flip the cross member and make the motor mounts and see what I need to do about the tranny... here are the pictures from today I need to get rid of the wires that Im not going to use. the ecu and relays are going to be under the dash board

S5031467.jpg

these is the bracket where the speaker was before, I dont know if its from the factory or the p. o. made it. now the ecu is going there

S5031465.jpg

these how I bolted the relays to the ecu

S5031470.jpg

S5031472.jpg

S5031479.jpg

S5031480.jpg

S5031481.jpg

S5031482.jpg

S5031484.jpg