I got a speeding ticket.

Well I'm f*cked!

I was driving home from my parents home. Not watching my speed going downhill. I get popped at 93 mph where the speed limit is 65. I have no insurance and I'm pretty sure the cars owners going to be pissed?

So I am probably going to be selling my dime! :(

I just fixed all the little things.

NO MAJOR PROBLEMS.

Engine was rebuilt and has only 8000 miles on it.

Crap. this is a great little datsun. but I am most likely going to have to let it go!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn! As a penalty for having high speed fun AND for thinking we would believe that you weren't watching your speed, I sentence you to NOT sell your dime, and do the time! She'll be waiting for you when you get out!

Just kidding. (not the part about not selling your dime though.) That's shitty bad luck.

Dude, please go to Google and type in 'beating a speeding ticket'. There are lots of things you can do to (possibly) reduce or eliminate your problem. Read this stuff it's fantastic!

Years ago I went to court for a friend's traffic offense, (he didn't make out so good) but while waiting for our turn another guy was there for speeding and something else and the ticketing officer didn't show up. The judge asked the guy if he could come back at a later date. Well, that guy shot out of his seat and quickly said :" I'm sorry, your honor, but I've gone to considerable expense and time off work to be here today, and am ready to proceed" "Case dismissed" said the judge. So it can happen. Always fight a traffic ticket. If you can make a case for a wrongful stop maybe the no insurance can be turfed too.

Good luck,

mike

Dude, please go to Google and type in 'beating a speeding ticket'. There are lots of things you can do to (possibly) reduce or eliminate your problem. Read this stuff it's fantastic!

Years ago I went to court for a friend's traffic offense, (he didn't make out so good) but while waiting for our turn another guy was there for speeding and something else and the ticketing officer didn't show up. The judge asked the guy if he could come back at a later date. Well, that guy shot out of his seat and quickly said :" I'm sorry, your honor, but I've gone to considerable expense and time off work to be here today, and am ready to proceed" "Case dismissed" said the judge. So it can happen. Always fight a traffic ticket. If you can make a case for a wrongful stop maybe the no insurance can be turfed too.

Good luck,

mike

I wish that would of been me :( cost me about 1500 bucks for going sideways around a conner.

i've gotten out of three speeding tickets when the officer didn't show for court. the only problem is that if you don't prepay pay the ticket and it goes to court. you get court fees added on if the cop does show. its still cheaper in the long run considering increased insurance and such. back when i was going to school in sacramento i had a suzuki gsxr 1100. my friends and i hung out at the carl's jr. on sunrise and greenback. we would get loitering tickets all most every weekend. most of the guys would just pay them but, just by showing up at court with a food receipt (that i usuall dug out of the trash) i got out of every one of them.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Jason you got off lucky,I was given a stiff warning a couple weeks ago by a popo that I was going too fast ,80 sumthing in a 50 zone told me could have been over 300 bucks,he asked me if I have had any tickys lately and umm,nope not for at least five years he checks it out yup you ok,So SLOW down, ok ok I be good:p

And as others have said you do have a 50/50 chance the officer no show,and hope that others are ahead of you and listen to there storys,I have gone to traffic court a few times and walked away from more than half of them .:cool:

• 1 month later...

Help me here then guys. I got a photo ticket while at work I drive tractor/trailer. It was a phoney deal but, bottom line is 33 in a school zone.

I have a court date of May 3rd. How do I drag it out? What should I do? Send in the ticket with the money? Go to court and plead not guilty?

I have not had a ticket in,well over 30 years of driving. What is my best line of defense? THANKS!!!

If the limit is 30, go and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Explain your previous record and show how the mistake could have been your speedo error and that you have learner your lesson. You are up against a machine, either you are over or you aren't, a judge can can be swayed by arguments and your sincerity.

If the limit is less than 30, move to Idaho, change name, join a survivalist group and live with your guns on a mountain.

I found this on Google, can't verify, but gees, could it be this simple??? Maybe a Hail Mary last resort? If it works, you heard it from me and owe my big time... if it doesn't, why would you listen to me in the first place? LOL Good luck Dave.

QUOTE:

Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the ticket enforcement division and in the course of my investigation into "fines, their payment methods, and how points are assessed against drivers licenses" we discovered something very interesting.

If You Get A Traffic Ticket,

This has been tried and it works.....

I tried to send this to everyone I know. I know that for a fact this works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works in every state. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your license.

This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your license, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points.

When you get your fine, send in the check to pay for it and if the fine is say, $79, then make the check out for $82 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, but here is the trick!

***DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!!!***

Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each states' DMV.

Good luck and share this with all your friends and other family members, as well!!!

END QUOTE

First off, I wish all of you guys the best of luck when it comes to tickets and staying out of trouble. I would hate for any of you to have to give up on not only the hobby that we all love but the whole datsun life style. Fight the system and beat the man.

I guess I have stayed lucky so far and have only gotten a failure to yeild to an automobile (jay walking) ticket. I was pulled over in oregon doing ~95 through a 55mph construction zone. I handed the officer my military ID and Drivers license. He didnt actually have his radar on me but saw me weave in and out of traffic going much faster than everyone else. Anyway, he kept asking me how fast I was going and I was honest in saying that I didnt know. He asked about why I was there and told him I was on leave and he went on to threaten me with standing infront of my commander and having to explane to him why I got a ticket and then finally after the threats he let me go with a verbal warning. Funny thing is, I was in my moms car with her in the back seat... She yelled for a min after we left then we all laughed about it over diner.

Same night a cop pulled out in front of me (10 car lengths in front of me) as I was doing about the same speed in another 55 zone but he was going after this nice old custom car.

And in so cal I was doing about 100 on the 405 and an Audi passed me as we went into a tunnel and when I came out I see the lights flashing as the cop came down the on ramp and pulled him over...

I think I am out of luck. I generally do the speed limit now... Oh and just because I am proud of my 29 year old truck for doing this. A picture (Yes it is accurate) of what my truck can do after siting for 3 years and a week of junk done to it that mainly consisted of normal maintenance.

95_thumb.jpg

I drive tractor/trailer...bottom line is 33 in a school zone.

Sorry but my opinion is very harsh:

you should be fired and you license taken away for good!

In a school zone???

come on man...

I live next to a school and have actually seen a 11 year old boy get hit and killed by a speeding, SUV driving, Moron!

He still drives like that and picks his kid up daily...

makes me sick...

Cops(the police) are not your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a ticket for no brakes lights!!!!!

What the kicker is I was going in the other direction and the Cop was in a turn lane.I notice he EYEBALLED me, He must have PROFILED me with the long hair and old truck BANKING I would have no LIcense or Insurance.I said, that Mother Fucker is going to turn around. He did when the Light turned Green in the turn lane

Well The Light turned green He was a couple car behine and I pilled in to the 7-11 an pretend I didnt see him

He cam out yelling get back in the car and see you Linsence and Proff if insurance. He would of let me go But at the End I said How in the Fuck you seen My Brake light was out when I was going in the other direction with traffic unless you PROFILED me

He took my lisence back and wrote a no turn signal ticket (It was out)

Cops are not your friends.

i been pulled over about 55 times since comming out of the Airforce and had 3 incedents with the Cops so far this yr and it not even May.

Check Snopes on that last "Suggestion". It's an email hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

Washington doesn't use a points system anyway.

Ah, an urban myth, well then at least I did say:

I found this on Google, can't verify, but gees, could it be this simple??? Maybe a Hail Mary last resort? If it works, you heard it from me and owe my big time... if it doesn't, why would you listen to me in the first place? LOL Good luck Dave.

Hey buddy,get all the facts before you spout off!

I was driving down Marine drive in Portland,Or. The speed limit is 40...thats FORTY! There is absolutely ZERO warning before the zone. Which is A BUS BARN....NOT A SCHOOL!!! .....BUS BARN!!!

As you come around the corner ,you travel 25 yards and there is the SCHOOL ZONE. I am doing 33...7 under the previous posted speed limit. There is no time to slow..unless you drive here all the time and are aware of the zone.

I have had ZERO tickets since i was 17...I'm 53. Tell me again how I should loose my job because of unsafe driving.

NEXT TIME GET ALL THE FACTS BEFORE YOU TALK SHIT!!!

Well the Exact words

Were:

I want to know How you knew my brake lights were out when I was going in the oppisite direction unless your profiled me and physically turned your head around to ntice this(it is 4 pm work traiffic).

Next line was:

You eye balled my and saw that I had LONG HAIR and looked like a SPIC!!!!

Then He took my Lisence back wrote a the ticket while another Cop car showed up with 2 Cops inside 3 Cops to give a No turn signal ticket at 4pm in the afternoon.

101$

I had my Boeing Badge around my neck.(Yeah I have a 40hr a week JOB) asnd no privious tickets.

To protect and serve. Right!

Why I havea bad attitude is the Last Cop said I didnt use my turn signal and I KNOW it worked. Its a FAKE reason to pull you over. I wish I had my DVD camera and I would have tunred it in to the NEWS!!!!!!

Now Im just trying to get over it ,and Hope that Cop doesnt run into a Real BIG Black guy with a 5 D cell flashlite and rams it up you know where!!!!!!!!!!