vegas_datsun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_0592.jpgIMG_0589.jpgIMG_0590.jpgIMG_0591.jpg

got bored and decided to see if my buddies rims would fit on the truck. and my titans on his.

37x13.50r20. the hit the leaf spring on the rear but when the 4link is finished theyll fit good( without the bed. lol)\

the titans on his truck look like lil skatebored wheels. once the truck is running imam drive around town and burn them up. get some funny looks.

with the truck lowered to the grounf the frame came up to my waist. hell of a rake look

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics please

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have been watching this thread for awhile now and I decided I needed to sign up so I could ask a few questions. I also have a 77 620 and I was thinking about starting this swap soon. I am looking at purchasing an s13 engine from e bay and I don't plan on changing any engine internals, just swapping the engine in with some new parts and a bit of cosmetic things, I don't want to build the engine yet. I believe I should be able to wire the engine itself using the Icehouse wiring diagram and his 150$ relay box. One of the main concerns I have with this swap is the turbo side of the engine clearing the steering column on the left hand drive models. How was your clearance when you first set the engine down in there? Is this why you went with the top mount turbo manifold? What manifold did you buy and is it a good quality manifold? I noticed you bought one of the greddy style plenums, I would like to purchase one of these for my build but i was wondering how you liked the quality of it and did it free up alot of room. Will the stock fuel rail and injectors work with that plenum? Also, what type of master cylinder are you using and would it be large enough to use with beebanis disc brake conversion? Your master cylinder looks like it frees up alot of room under the hood. Using the stock engine mounts like you did and not removing the torsion bar system would there be enough room to run an exhaust with the stock turbo exhaust manifold? how about with the top mount? And one more final question, You swapped the bell-housing on the stock sr20det transmission over to a ka24 5 speed correct? this was to keep you from having to fab a new tranny cross-member? what type of 5 speed tranny should i look for (dual cam or single, what year and car or truck)? our local junkyard has a lot of them but I just need to know exactly which one to get. Can your stock speed o cable thread onto the ka tranny, and would the gear ratio be correct as to give the correct speed reading?

Sorry for all the question but judging by your pictures you seem like the man to ask, cool build, I cant wait to see more!!

So I have been watching this thread for awhile now and I decided I needed to sign up so I could ask a few questions. I also have a 77 620 and I was thinking about starting this swap soon. I am looking at purchasing an s13 engine from e bay and I don't plan on changing any engine internals, just swapping the engine in with some new parts and a bit of cosmetic things, I don't want to build the engine yet. I believe I should be able to wire the engine itself using the Icehouse wiring diagram and his 150$ relay box. One of the main concerns I have with this swap is the turbo side of the engine clearing the steering column on the left hand drive models. How was your clearance when you first set the engine down in there? Is this why you went with the top mount turbo manifold? What manifold did you buy and is it a good quality manifold? I noticed you bought one of the greddy style plenums, I would like to purchase one of these for my build but i was wondering how you liked the quality of it and did it free up alot of room. Will the stock fuel rail and injectors work with that plenum? Also, what type of master cylinder are you using and would it be large enough to use with beebanis disc brake conversion? Your master cylinder looks like it frees up alot of room under the hood. Using the stock engine mounts like you did and not removing the torsion bar system would there be enough room to run an exhaust with the stock turbo exhaust manifold? how about with the top mount? And one more final question, You swapped the bell-housing on the stock sr20det transmission over to a ka24 5 speed correct? this was to keep you from having to fab a new tranny cross-member? what type of 5 speed tranny should i look for (dual cam or single, what year and car or truck)? our local junkyard has a lot of them but I just need to know exactly which one to get. Can your stock speed o cable thread onto the ka tranny, and would the gear ratio be correct as to give the correct speed reading?

Sorry for all the question but judging by your pictures you seem like the man to ask, cool build, I cant wait to see more!!

sorry had to pack and get ready for a school in cali, with a bottom mount turbo it hit the steering column. yes it was one of the reason i went top mount, the other is that it looks alot better with a turbo up top :-), i bought an ichiba top mount. its a pretty good quality, a few of my buddies run it on thier 240's and they love em'. the greddy style mani i bought is a nice cast one. the stock fuel rail will fit to it you just have to cut one of the bracket peieces off so you will only be running two bolts to hold it instead of the three. itll still hold it tight no problem. the master cylinder i havent figuered out yet. im still looking around at brake boosters and master cyl's. the one thats in the pics is the master that came with the truck. i believe it is out of a nissan hardbody. by going coilovers up front i was able to get rid of the torsion bars. ( it frees up alot of room.) as for exhaust. i havent built mine yet but the down pipe is the only area of concern . since my turbo outlet is a v-band ill be running 2inch pipe till it gets to about the frame then it'll go into a 3inch all the way back. i swapped the sr housing to the ka tranny cuz i had a 6spd sr tranny and a stock ka tranny. 6spd tranny suck and cant handle alot of power stock and i didnt wanna put the money into it to get it built. the stock sr tranny will line up with your tranny cross member. the speedo cable i am not sure about. i gotta figure it all out cuz im running the full rhd cluster.

its all good. questions are always welcomed and ill do my best to get you the answers

thank vegas, im still not sure exactly what transmission you swapped onto your bell housing, do you have a transmission number? I need to look for one when i go to the yard. your sure about the stock sr20 tranny lining up on the crossmember? the crossmember may have to be scooted forwards or backwards to meet the mount on the sr tranny though wouldnt it? also with the sr tranny wouldnt the shifter hole in the floorpan have to be relocated? dang i was hoping the stock turbo and manifold would fit down behind the steering column. you say that your engine sat a little high in the rear and therefore you had to remove part of the tranny tunnel? could this problem have been alleviated by cutting the stock sr mounts, removing a section of them, and the re welding them? this would make the engine sit lower. Of course if you did all of that then you would have to flip you steering center link upside down for more clearance. thanks for your help man!!

the stock manifold for the turbo stuck out alot. the tranny i fitted to the sr housing is for a dohc ka motor. the tranny didnt hit the tunnel but was close. so if i wanted to pull just the motor out only later on it would be almost inpossible. by cutting it out i can make a piece that i can bolt and unbolt to have all the room i need. as for the shifter. when i first mocked it up with the 6spd the hole was almost spot on. it would have needed cut just a lil bit to have a flush fit. i didnt wanna cut any of the mounts. my goal is to have it in with out a major amount of mods. so that way if someone wanted to do the swap it could be done with out alot of cutting and welding and cut down on costs and fab work.

right on man!!! so the stock sr tranny worked fine even with the stock cross member, and the sr steel mounts fit right to the 620 isolators, dang why hasn't anyone done this before? you make it sound easy!!!! now i am really wanting to get started on one of these swaps!!! i suppose i could bolt my tranny in separate and man handle it from below, this would eliminate the need for any cutting. that is if it will fit in between the torsion bars. i may have to do the coil over setup to free up some extra room, i wonder if i might get away with using the stock manifolds and turbo, budget build!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So i just joined the forum and stumbled on your build and it is simply beautiful. Im doing the same swap on my 78 620 king and i had a few questions for you first what kind of front A arms did you get to bolt in to factory location i plan to do the same coilover setup but i cant find a arms that will fit. But im going to convert my girl to five lug from a toyota to open up wheel choices and swapp a toyota rear axle in for better gear choices and rear disc breaks.