sr20det 77' 620

vegas_datsun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soory been a while since update. ill have pics up this weekend, bodywork is goign good. more than expected.

put a cage in but cut it out. didnt meet requirements for d1. so were re doing it.

Can you forward me the D1 requirements in a PDF? I have the SCCA stuff, but, maybe one day I'll go pro :P

Thanks man!

Looking forward to the new pics!

Yup yup, 76 620 long bed.

I'm not going as extreme as you with the RHD conversion, or Chad with the custom suspension. This is more of just a weekend driver and occasional track truck.

I am very impressed by y'all's work!

Any tips or hints to you to throw my way, I'd be much obliged.

Yup yup, 76 620 long bed.

I'm not going as extreme as you with the RHD conversion, or Chad with the custom suspension. This is more of just a weekend driver and occasional track truck.

I am very impressed by y'all's work!

Any tips or hints to you to throw my way, I'd be much obliged.

nice nice. yeah simple coilover set up is sufficent for the truck. ill post pics up tonight that i took todaym

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0230-Copy.jpg

got some work done on the motor. painted the valave cover, installed the top mount manifold and turbo. got the fuel rail cut to fit the new intake manifold

new water pump and oversized pulley. rocker arm stoppers intalled, oil pan cleaned up and put back on, coils in and new coil plate

• 3 weeks later...

So far. Just wirewheeled the frame and got off all the tar that was on it(big pain in the ass)

And getting the tar off the bottom of the cab.

Got a core support from CRAIG. once I finish the cab tar gonna bolt it back on and get the tube set

Up from the cab to the core support. Will post pics when I get home

• 3 weeks later...

DSCF3290.jpgDSCF3294.jpgDSCF3295.jpgDSCF3300.jpgDSCF3287.jpg

sorry been lagging a bit, been in school the past few weeks.

so with the intercooler imma have to run only one light on each side so i wont be able to hide it like i wanted to.

once i get the tubes ran from the cab to the core support ill be able to mock up the front tubs and start on the ic piping and the radiator hoses. after that imma be a stand still for a bit till i get the rhd parts in. ionno whats going on with them. if theyve been shipped or not. the seller hasnt replied to me in a while so it sucks.

looking into gettign a set of drop spindles since i have the hard body ones one it already i can switch them out and be able to have it a inch or two lower

does anyone else radiator stick up above the core support? mine stick up about a inch and half

I see you have the Ebay aluminum radiator. I have the aluminum ebay radiator in my 72.5 620 and it also sits up the same amount and it clears the hood with no issues. That's as low as you can get it without moding the front of the frame.

I see you have the Ebay aluminum radiator. I have the aluminum ebay radiator in my 72.5 620 and it also sits up the same amount and it clears the hood with no issues. That's as low as you can get it without moding the front of the frame.

ok cool. yeah i was just a lil worried when i put it in and saw that it was sticking up

• 3 weeks later...

What RHD parts do you need? Parts from a RHD 620, or a RHD Silvia?

I have some Silvia parts left over, I'm keeping my truck LHD, but have a 1/2 clip from a Silvia, minus dash/gauges/computer. Still have PS, AC, steering column, etc.

620 rhd parts.. talked with the seller this morning he was backed up. but will be here shortly.. what side is the alt on ? exhaust or intake side?

for the diff. imma see how much hell i can put it through before it goes. then ill figure out what one ill use next. i think itll be good for a couple runs and events. the drive shaft i had made here in vegas at daves drive line. the coil overs i got from jegs. alot of places sell them. its the QA-1 coils.

• 2 weeks later...