sr20det 77' 620

vegas_datsun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im using a 50 trimm only cuz im getting it for free from my buddy. lol i was thinking of tubing the rear but i wanna keep it a sleeper

look.

swapped over bell housings. has 6 speed silvia tranny with s13 bell housing, and switched it with my ka tranny,

been told the ka tranny can hold more tourqe. and 6 speed tranny gernades around 375+hp,

hopefully i can get the motor back out, bolt up the tranny and get it all back in and drivline hooked up by dinner

• Like 1

its what came on the truck when i bought it. as time goes on imam switch the links on the steering to a solid piece or material

Nice work Finally someone got some balls and did it in a 620 instead of talking about it. Keep it up man and soon it will run like an animal! Trust me.

im using a 50 trimm only cuz im getting it for free from my buddy. lol i was thinking of tubing the rear but i wanna keep it a sleeper

look.

swapped over bell housings. has 6 speed silvia tranny with s13 bell housing, and switched it with my ka tranny,

been told the ka tranny can hold more tourqe. and 6 speed tranny gernades around 375+hp,

hopefully i can get the motor back out, bolt up the tranny and get it all back in and drivline hooked up by dinner

I'm assuming that this sr has stock internals? I really don't know anything about SR's but it seems like anything over 275hp, or so, makes it time to get some fortifying going? Are you planning on building the motor any before you perma-install this beast?

I'm assuming that this sr has stock internals? I really don't know anything about SR's but it seems like anything over 275hp, or so, makes it time to get some fortifying going? Are you planning on building the motor any before you perma-install this beast?

for now imma run on stock internals. wife gave me a budget for the build cuz we have a baby on the way.( I HATE BUDGETS). but i might sell my gsxr andput the money towards the truck. biggrin.gif

• Like 1

for now imma run on stock internals. wife gave me a budget for the build cuz we have a baby on the way.( I HATE BUDGETS). but i might sell my gsxr andput the money towards the truck. biggrin.gif

Way cool vegas!! I totally support you in this build!! I want to eventually get a SR for mine, I would soo love to help you get this thing going! To bad you like 2500 miles away... <_< Hell I know the KA can do something like 300-350 before pistons are needed! I have no stinking clue about the SR though... I'm currently trying to get an efi setup for the tired L16! I'm going to turbo it the way it is till it blows, then I've got something special to replace it, lol!!!!!!

• Like 1

nice. yeah if your gonan turbo it till it blows , go remote mount turbo. that way you can keep stock headers

have it hidden under the bed. just gotta run more ic piping and oil/ water lines, good luck on it though. post pics when you start the project

• Like 1

Hey vegas do you mind elaborating on keeping the stock manifold?

on you truck. if you do a rear mount turbo. you mount in under the bed of the truck. just

gotta get a flange welded to the piping to

bolt up the turbo. instead or making a custom manifold or buying a turbo manifold.

• Like 1

on you truck. if you do a rear mount turbo. you mount in under the bed of the truck. just

gotta get a flange welded to the piping to

bolt up the turbo. instead or making a custom manifold or buying a turbo manifold.

That seems pretty inefficient, but then again I'm new to shit subject! What kind of numbers am I looking at for a perfectly sealed system?

Thanks!

• Like 1

well took out my interior carpet and allangry.gif

driver side was rusted out . previous owner

riveted pieces of metal to cover the holes. but its alot

metal missing under it. would it be worth it to go over everything and weld a new piece in

to clean it up or buy a new cab???? what yall think

• Like 1

well took out my interior carpet and allangry.gif

driver side was rusted out . previous owner

riveted pieces of metal to cover the holes. but its alot

metal missing under it. would it be worth it to go over everything and weld a new piece in

to clean it up or buy a new cab???? what yall think

well arnt ya going to cut that mother up anyways?! Fuck with it a little and set it up right. Once you have it running then drive it around and stuff. If you want it perfect then you would have a better idea on where to go on a new cab?

• Like 1