Original Datsun Paint Codes

This may be a re-post (forgive the newb) but where can I find original Datsun paint codes? I'd like to change the color eventually but still keep it Datsun original. I'm leaning more and more towards silver grey with pearl.

I know where to find the paint code on my 71' 4 door 510 but just wanted to know what are other colors the 510 came in for 1971. It doesn't even have to be a 510. If you know the code and how it looks like, be sure to give a little description.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure not only for me but for others as well. Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

here is a few original colors i mixed up myself from dupont codes, they are in nason urethane,

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

i mixed up some orange too but i do not have a picture of it, i really dig the blue though, that is probably what i will paint my truck with

[/quote

i really dig that green. anything close to this you think? Image05292011192259.jpg

Here are some of the Datsun paint codes I know for 1970 trucks.

Dragon Green Datsun 558 Dupont 31025

This is the "not afraid of being Green" Green.

Grey-Green Datsun 546 Dupont 43441

This is the "Seafoam" green.

(off) White Datsun 502 do not know the Dupont code yet, I will soon. Like most whites, not really white.

Some other colors

1982 Chevy truck Frost White. Dupont 521 (no kidding)

This white is close to a true white. In bright sunlight, it will hurt your eyes to look at it.

I do not know what it is used on, Dupont 99

This is black. Really black. Not very dark brown, BLACK.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of the Datsun paint codes I know for 1970 trucks.

Dragon Green Datsun 558 Dupont 31025

This is the "not afraid of being Green" Green.

Grey-Green Datsun 546 Dupont 43441

This is the "Seafoam" green.

(off) White Datsun 502 do not know the Dupont code yet, I will soon. Like most whites, not really white.

Some other colors

1982 Chevy truck Frost White. Dupont 521 (no kidding)

This white is close to a true white. In bright sunlight, it will hurt your eyes to look at it.

I do not know what it is used on, Dupont 99

This is black. Really black. Not very dark brown, BLACK.

GM's fleet white, used for decades, was Dupont #817. AFAIK there *IS* no darker, purer black than their #99. Now a question regarding DimeQuarterly's paint code chart; does anybody know if it's accurate for ALL Datto models, and all years til...??

datsun_paintcodes.jpg

• 8 months later...

This may be a re-post (forgive the newb) but where can I find original Datsun paint codes? I'd like to change the color eventually but still keep it Datsun original. I'm leaning more and more towards silver grey with pearl.

I know where to find the paint code on my 71' 4 door 510 but just wanted to know what are other colors the 510 came in for 1971. It doesn't even have to be a 510. If you know the code and how it looks like, be sure to give a little description.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure not only for me but for others as well. Thanks.

I live in Orange county, not far from you. If you are going to be coming this way, I have, I think 6 or so pages of color code samples. Maybe they will help. I ordered a color from the paint store with what I thought was my color based on an online picture and code. What I ended up with was a different one. Seeing first hand helped me.