1980 Datsun 210 (310) Sunny

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're killing me. I have two 210 wagons, but I would love to have a hatchback, too.

My Datsuns are both beat up, one doesn't run right, and the other I haven't started since I got if from the junkyard because the engine is missing a freeze plug and valve cover gasket. (I think it had overheated and seized.)

Here you are flaunting a shiny 210 hatchback...with nice rims...that runs...dry.gif

Since you asked, I've found some suspension stuff for the B310 chassis. Addco swaybars and Koni front strut inserts are still available. The Addco rear swaybar on my red Datsun (the one that sorta runs, but not right) actually helped the ride. The car had been making these side-to-side oscillations that were suddenly noticeable by their absence.

The Koni strut inserts stopped most of the front jiggling. I'm still not sure what to do about the positive camber at the front wheels. The camber and caster aren't adjustable, only the toe. I have to keep a little bit of toe-in, to keep the car from bump-steering too much.

If you eventually get around to that SR20 swap, you need the transmission and drive shaft that came with the SR20, and you need some kind of upgraded differential.

In fact, my stock A14 engine has been through 3 H150 gear sets. The car has had parts mixed, matched, and welded so it now has the 7.5" gear set from a 4-cylinder Mustang (and Datsun bolt pattern!)

I used one from Harbor friend that I got for $20. Worked just fine with other baking soda.. Can't seem to find a link though :(

Theres always this though..

http://community.rat...p-soda-blaster/

Yo metal... That's a freakin' cool way to do it!

Im sure u can find a cheap Sandblaster on CL. I've picked up many off my tools off, of craigslist for damn Cheap! :D

So far the only ones I've seen are pretty far... I don't think it's worth driving so far, might as well get it new, but I'll keep looking to see if anything comes up.

You're killing me. I have two 210 wagons, but I would love to have a hatchback, too.

My Datsuns are both beat up, one doesn't run right, and the other I haven't started since I got if from the junkyard because the engine is missing a freeze plug and valve cover gasket. (I think it had overheated and seized.)

Here you are flaunting a shiny 210 hatchback...with nice rims...that runs...dry.gif

Since you asked, I've found some suspension stuff for the B310 chassis. Addco swaybars and Koni front strut inserts are still available. The Addco rear swaybar on my red Datsun (the one that sorta runs, but not right) actually helped the ride. The car had been making these side-to-side oscillations that were suddenly noticeable by their absence.

The Koni strut inserts stopped most of the front jiggling. I'm still not sure what to do about the positive camber at the front wheels. The camber and caster aren't adjustable, only the toe. I have to keep a little bit of toe-in, to keep the car from bump-steering too much.

Hey, don't hate! lol I got lucky enough to find this one in the condition it's in, and it was probably the first one I've seen hatch. The rest were always 2/4 door and wagons. Thanks and good looking out on those addco sway bars and koni struts. I'll keep an eye out for those.

If you eventually get around to that SR20 swap, you need the transmission and drive shaft that came with the SR20, and you need some kind of upgraded differential.

In fact, my stock A14 engine has been through 3 H150 gear sets. The car has had parts mixed, matched, and welded so it now has the 7.5" gear set from a 4-cylinder Mustang (and Datsun bolt pattern!)

Yes, I'm definitely getting the engine and trans as a whole. I kind of figure the rear is not going to hold up, but if anything I'll just have to customize one and I know they aren't cheap. Driveshaft is no biggie, there's a shop like 3 towns over where I got my TE72's done. I'm not going to make this swap anytime soon due to financial problems, but I'll get lil' things here and there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey mini I bought the sandblaster from harbor freight but I think I need a smaller tip for the gun in order to spray the soda. I appreciate the offer, but I'll spend the time and hard work to get mine done.

The only reason i asked is because I have the straight across Grille and I like the Diamond Style Grille better :D

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've been out for a while because I sold my Datsun 210 for $800 I just got tired of it... as one of my friends says "I'm just joshing!" lol I just haven't done much lately It's been a brutal winter over here in Jersey and not to mention my job situation isn't helping (it's been over a year). It's not a dead thread, it's just inactive for now. So far I've seen other people progressing with their builds, and I congrat and wish you guys the best. As soon as this snow melts and the weather is more cooperative, I shall post more.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

If you were going to sell it, you'd better let me know.

I'd definitely give it a good home, and it would have two other B310s to keep it company! :D

LOL if I ever do I'll definitely post it here, but I think I'll get buried in it. I just gave her a full tune-up like 2 weeks ago. I was able to get another blaster gun that worked much better than the one that came with the blaster cabinet and currently working on the grill. I'm really trying to get my hands on some jdm bumpers to complete the exterior, but for now I'm just going try to cruise around as much as possible.

• 4 months later...

OK so I've been a bit MIA lately reason being, I've been unemployed for quite some time and I also own a xE7x which also craves attention. I've only done small things here and there like removing the base where the pioneer radio was and prepping/painting my grill. Unfortunately, my sandblaster didn't take much of the paint off of the grill, so I had my father (Proffesional Painter) give it a thick coat of primer and I painted the damn thing. Overall, I'm very satisfied how it turned out, but I'm missing the chrome trim that comes on the top edge of the grill. I've also been in search for some bumpers for the past year or 2 and currently waiting for pricing on shipment, if this guy ever gets back to me icon_mad.gif .

I'll be posting some pics up soon with the grill in place and hopefully next to my Corolla if this damn New Jersey weather ever clears up. Wish me luck on obtaining the bumpers!