1962 Datsun 312 wagon

I have once any again become a middle man in the sale of a sweet Datsun. I often befriend local datsun owners and post there cars nationally instead of just a craigslist ad with a couple of tiny pictures. At least this time i have an agenda-For the right price I will trailer you this car, or any car for that matter.

1962 Datsun 312 wagon-one of what 127? imported??

3 on the tree {3 speed manual transmission on the column}

E-type motor Fisch-feel free to educate us!

This little red wagon is the def. the nicest, and maybe only exaple of a 312 wagon on the east coast. It's paint looks great, as does the interior. Engine too, but the chrome isn't as shiny as was in the pics, but i bet with a good polish it would come back. It runs/drives/stops like new. I would give a kidney for this car, but Mr. Martinez doesn't want it. He wants a firm $4500

he's a no BS type guy

4500 firm, no more no less

i say it worth it, maybe worth a alot more, but it's all up to a the buyer really.

312dat.jpg

datsun223-1.png

312dat4.jpg

312dat3.jpg

312dat2.jpg

if your interested email me at sorrycharlie1981@yahoo.com

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i believe he craiglisted it a few times over the years. He called me last night in responce to an ad i placed and we talked about it for a while. I told him about ratsun/jnc forum. he doesn't much like computers, so he wanted me to post everywhere.

Super cool Charlie! Yup that should have the E alright! This thing has Mike Klots written all over it!

Also good to know you can transport cars! Are you normally on the road? How often do you come up to the Northeast? What is the average cost to get one up to MA from your neck of the woods Charlie?

Super cool Charlie! Yup that should have the E alright! This thing has Mike Klots written all over it!

Also good to know you can transport cars! Are you normally on the road? How often do you come up to the Northeast? What is the average cost to get one up to MA from your neck of the woods Charlie?

First off, this is in Atlanta, for anyone interested. I was kinda inspired when i saw pics of your 59 arriving on a pretty normal one car trailer/truck to be honest. So i bought a trailor, which i need for personal use, but i was thinking why not transport cars? But i just got it, Still looking for my first gig. i wasn't sure if i could just make a post avertising my "business" When it comes to price i intend to take it job-by-job and learn along the way. I manly want to undercut the bigger companys and try and help out my fellow old japanese car lovers. So long story short, i don't know on prices, but if anyone's interested we can work it out.

So i bought a trailor, which i need for personal use, but i was thinking why not transport cars? But i just got it, Still looking for my first gig.

ive offered to fly 1 way and drive the other. :mellow:

would it drive to CA?

what are you gonna charge for a coast-coast delivery?

dead heading sux!

Cool man! Have you looked into Uship? It was really neat, I posted that I needed to get the 59 from New Mexico to MA and put in some specifics, and had a bid from the driver. The crazy thing is that he was only about 5 miles from the car when he took it, and he was delivering to Maine, so he was going right by! Alas he was about 2 feet shy on his trailer to fit the 59 because the had another car on there, and he had to go back for it!

But that is what he does, cross country trips with his truck and trailer, picking up shipments from Uship to get from place to place. Just a dude and a trailer and no middle man. And Uship has a feedback system so you can see how drivers rate.

Seems like a really neat set up. But I do know he got all the way up here and after dropping, didn't have a delivery to pick up on this side to get back to the west coast where he had another shipment waiting for him. So he had to burn gas from his pocket to get back to the west coast which kinda sucked with an empty trailer.

Sounds a lot like the life of a freelance illustrator! Never know what you are doing 3 months in advance. Or in his case, 3 weeks!

ive offered to fly 1 way and drive the other. :mellow:

would it drive to CA?

what are you gonna charge for a coast-coast delivery?

dead heading sux!

I assume it would drive to cali, but it be slow! What are these like 40-50 horsepower? Plus what if the starter or something just happened to break? Pick a new one at Autozone! not likely! Coast-to-Coast delivery would be fun, but what would i charge? If i'm i am really proposing to do that i need to church some major numbers. I'll come up with quotes very various parts of the country by tonight. Thanks

Fisch-Maybe i should hook-up with uship! But i really only want to do this as a hobby/side job. I have 2 regular Jobs already! But one is just once a week and i have alot of vacation time now-a-days since i've been working in this office for so long.

Plus what if the starter or something just happened to break? Pick a new one at Autozone! not likely!

amateurs! my dads a TV repairman...

bump start! its not an automatic *this old they may have a bump start speed associated.

but def an issue should a critical part fail (wheel bearing...)

That is *very* tempting. It's almost too bad it's in such nice shape because I would like to take the body off, slide in a hot-rod chassis and power it with a modern drive train. It looks like the firewall would have to be hacked to do that, and that car is *almost* too nice to do that to. :rolleyes:

That is *very* tempting. It's almost too bad it's in such nice shape because I would like to take the body off, slide in a hot-rod chassis and power it with a modern drive train. It looks like the firewall would have to be hacked to do that, and that car is *almost* too nice to do that to. :rolleyes:

No, it IS TOO NICE to molest.

Yeah, I can maybe, just maybe understand a slightly newer drive train, but never cutting into the body....SHEESH! :angry:

• Like 1

I assume it would drive to cali, but it be slow! What are these like 40-50 horsepower? Plus what if the starter or something just happened to break? Pick a new one at Autozone! not likely! Coast-to-Coast delivery would be fun, but what would i charge? If i'm i am really proposing to do that i need to church some major numbers. I'll come up with quotes very various parts of the country by tonight. Thanks

Fisch-Maybe i should hook-up with uship! But i really only want to do this as a hobby/side job. I have 2 regular Jobs already! But one is just once a week and i have alot of vacation time now-a-days since i've been working in this office for so long.

I was looking into doing transport services last month. Uship is a good starting place, but has some problems also. Theres lots of license and insurance stuff that goes along with it. And to make any money on it, it has to be a full time job. Doing it as a hobby wont last long. But would be cool to see this great country of ours.

By the way, thats one awesome car.

Larry

I love that goon! Someone buy it for me!!!!!!! Please :) haha Damn that rig is cool. I would risk driving it across the country for sure, talk about a fun adventure :)

Anyone can restore a car. It takes a real man to cut one up. :lol:

Due to this comment the car is no longer for sale. She will stay in GA where i can guard her from Sawzalls!

just kidding, but i will make it my mission to be sure if it sells it goes into good hands. My computer at home didn't want to work at all this weekend, and this ad was blowing up. If you emailed i will be answering them in ordered i recieved. Sorry for the slowness, but i have to talk to the seller every step of the way. thanks

Due to this comment the car is no longer for sale. She will stay in GA where i can guard her from Sawzalls!

Ah, darn :(

I just bought a new 12 pack of blades :cool:

That is a cool little wagon and I'm sure someone will give it a proper home.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.