Widest rim on a datsun 510 4 door

510love

How wide of a rim can u put on a 510 4 door? I have only seen 9.5 with a mild roll/pull on a 510 in the rear. Can you run wider? without tubbing the rear?

I have a set of 12 wide rims that i could stretch the tires and possibly make it 10 wide but I was just wondering how wide someone has seen on a 510 4 door.

It should be easier to run wider tires on a 2 door if i am not mistaken because you dont have the extra door and a bigger QP to deal with.

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this topic begs the question: What are you doing that you need 12" wide wheels on a 510?

In regards to them fitting, as JDM510 pointed out, anything is possible, it just depends on how much work you want to do and how much metal you want to cut.

I have a pair of CCW rims that are 12" wide, and i love the look of them on the car especially with the dish. I doubt my setup (f24 stroker turbo) will be too much for the tires. The rims fit 335 wide fine and I was just wondering if I am going to haft to stretch some tires on the rims to fit the 510 4 door in the rear. I am undecided what size I am going to run on the front. Does anyone have any experience with with wide tires in the rear?

• 2 weeks later...

Pics? :rolleyes:

here we go.

wheel fitted is the same offset and width, just its a southern ways insted of the meisters it has now.

still havent completed them, its a super long project, but they are under (with the help of negative camber) and dont rub.

inside the door jam isnt pretty, but its functional.

Currently lacking a welder to complete them.

http://img35.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00100eg.jpg

and how the car sits currently,

http://ozdat.com/forum/download/file.php?id=12906&mode=view

here we go.

wheel fitted is the same offset and width, just its a southern ways insted of the meisters it has now.

still havent completed them, its a super long project, but they are under (with the help of negative camber) and dont rub.

inside the door jam isnt pretty, but its functional.

Currently lacking a welder to complete them.

http://img35.imagesh...=dsc00100eg.jpg

and how the car sits currently,

http://ozdat.com/for...12906&mode=view

Thanks for the pics. That is gonna be one aggressive looking dime. :cool:

i was thinking about doing the same thing in the rear, except maybe 14x8.5 around +15. hopefully its a bit easier.

keep up the good work. look forward to seeing it completed.

Positive offset will push the wheels out farther and make it so you will have to flair it more

No, negative offset will make the wheel sit further out. Positive offset will move the wheel inboard.

Currently have a 14x8 0 offset under there now, with 185/60 tyre.

Plenty of room, could even get near 0 degress camber on the rear if needed while retaining that wheel combo.

Another note,

Car pictured has rear disk brakes which pushes the wheel out a further 3mm than the standard drum setup.

Wish there was 2 doors sold locally in Aus, I can imagine doing rear flairs would be much easier.

SRSANDS,

got a pic of your 510?

I think the large rolling diameter of the 16" would cause abit or the scrubbing?

Also comes down to how low it is I guess.

Cheers,

SRSANDS,

got a pic of your 510?

I think the large rolling diameter of the 16" would cause abit or the scrubbing?

Cheers,

Yes I have a pic but not of the rear...I need a stretched tire and stiffer springs......the combo of the two should set me striaght with the torque I have and eliminate my rubbin....uy chance can I get 800-1200 pound spring rate in your neck of the woods?

datto.jpg

Currently have a 14x8 0 offset under there now, with 185/60 tyre.

Plenty of room, could even get near 0 degress camber on the rear if needed while retaining that wheel combo.

Another note,

Car pictured has rear disk brakes which pushes the wheel out a further 3mm than the standard drum setup.

Wish there was 2 doors sold locally in Aus, I can imagine doing rear flairs would be much easier.

SRSANDS,

got a pic of your 510?

Cheers,