L-series oil pan needed

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what L motors had Front sump pans????????

i know 510 pans are different than say 521 and 620 oil pans(all rear sump)

hmm, I'm curious as well. I'm building the long-rod 2.1l LZ20b for my 520, and according to Charlie I need the L16 oil pan to clear the x-member. Could that possibly be what the OP is referring to? If so, I need one too!

a 510 pan will not fit on a 521 cuase it will hit the center steering arm.

Im not positive if 521 and 620s pans are the same but I think they are different.

Im still waiting to see where are these FRONT sump pans Datsunfreak is talking about

HL-510's I believe had a front sump L series oil pan.

Abe

Anyone happen to have a front-sump L-series oil pan and pick-up tube kicking around?

this front sump oil pans came off a 1980 510 wagon with the L20B it also had a 200mm flywheel and a short tail transmission

the black pan is the front sump the blue pan is a rear sump from a 620 L20B

$30 plus shipping pick up tube included

SDC10232.jpg

SDC10231.jpg

SDC10230-1.jpg

Here maybe this will help. The board laying in front of the pans was used to line up the front edges of pans before picture was taken. Some how I lost the word silver aft the 620 in the picture.

521620OilPans4.jpg

Sorry, but both your pans look identical to me unlike the pics chiquapen posted.

FWIW, I looked at mine, and it's a front sump.

I guess the red lines in the picture and the caption does not work for everyone.

I guess the red lines in the picture and the caption does not work for everyone.

What the....????? Those red lines and comments weren't there earlier, I swear! :mellow:

My point is that, while the sumps start at different points on your pic, they're still basically the same whereas you can see the difference in chiquapen's pics.

SDC10231.jpg

Are your pans matching front to front, i.e. are the right edges both the front of the engine? If so, both your pans are rear sumps.

this front sump oil pans came off a 1980 510 wagon with the L20B it also had a 200mm flywheel and a short tail transmission

the black pan is the front sump the blue pan is a rear sump from a 620 L20B

$30 plus shipping pick up tube included

SDC10232.jpg

SDC10231.jpg

SDC10230-1.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.