S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, it'll handle for shit to someone else that's into AutoX or something, but I've been a drag racer all my life, and my current DD while the Z is down is my '69 Firebird... with no sway bars and shocks set to full soft, so even stock was a step up from what I'm used to lol

And if I do AutoX it, I can adjust the springs up to basically where lowering springs would sit, so all the suspension geometry isn't that big of a deal ;)

That's why I made my comment. I'm an auto X open track guy. And that's why I would never do that to my car. But like you said going down the road in a straight line no big deal. Just make sure you break early when headed for a corner. :o

aight, so I finarry got around to doin dis:

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

powder coated with just my metalflake clear coat, came out pretty cool, imo.

before and after of the pistons:

DSC04080.jpg

This is what the powder looked like before it was cured:

DSC04079.jpg

And these are the SS brake hoses MSA sent me:

DSC04081.jpg

notice anything odd?

look a little closer:

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

yup, there's 3 fronts and only 1 rear... and I got super pissed at this when I did it:

DSC04084.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

It seems as if the brake hoses are too short... well... that would be the case, if the caliper was on the correct side of the car... I only found this out AFTER I sent MSA an email, WITH PICS for proof... oh well, I guess it'll give them something to laugh at... XD they still have to send me another rear, so I guess it's not a total fail...

^yep, sent a couple emails to MSA, turns out my stupid car has two different types of lines on the rear, so everything is all good lol

So, I forgot to upload this pic last night:

DSC04078.jpg

that's the inside of one of my calipers O_O the other one was worse yet :o I can't believe I was drivin around with this shit in my car! lol

and I finished stripping one of my rear control arms today as well:

DSC04088.jpg

DSC04089.jpg

aight, so I finarry got around to doin dis:

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

powder coated with just my metalflake clear coat, came out pretty cool, imo.

before and after of the pistons:

DSC04080.jpg

This is what the powder looked like before it was cured:

DSC04079.jpg

And these are the SS brake hoses MSA sent me:

DSC04081.jpg

notice anything odd?

look a little closer:

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

yup, there's 3 fronts and only 1 rear... and I got super pissed at this when I did it:

DSC04084.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

It seems as if the brake hoses are too short... well... that would be the case, if the caliper was on the correct side of the car... I only found this out AFTER I sent MSA an email, WITH PICS for proof... oh well, I guess it'll give them something to laugh at... XD they still have to send me another rear, so I guess it's not a total fail...

Well don't beat yourself up I did the same thing once. I couldn't get the brakes to give me a pedal. I took the car to Z tech friend of mine. He called me laughing and told me to put the calipers on the right side and all would be good. :huh:

I'm planning on getting a pretty aggressive lip (one that I can drag on the ground), but that's #3 priority list

#1: REEYAMZ YO (wheels lol)

#2: steering wheel adaptor/horn (to put my super JDM awesome steering wheel on)

#3: front lip

#4: body work/paint

#5: factory correct mud guards

after that, I'm going to start looking for a second 280ZX to build with a friend of mine as a track car (what track is unknown as of yet haha)

driving straight they don't rub at all, but on hard turns they'll rub pretty hard, it feels awesome lol I might roll the inside lip of the fenders a tad just to make sure I don't slice the tires at some point... lol

I thought about rolling the lip out on my sunny and making some mini flares :P

My tires seem to fill out my wheel well more then your Z does. It makes lowing my 210 hard :P

I rolled the goons fenders with a baseball bat :rofl:

and I did the Z's with a hammer and hacksaw (I had alot of tire to fit under there lol)

You need to invest in a dremel and some mini cut-off's skiblaugh.gif

The thought of you and a Z car with a hacksaw scares me.poke.gif

You need to invest in a dremel and some mini cut-off's skiblaugh.gif

:rofl: I have one now but I did that quite a while ago

The thought of you and a Z car with a hacksaw scares me.poke.gif

:mellow: or a rivet gun and a 510....... or a cut off wheel and a brand new mazda speed 3, but thats another story ;)