S130Z, Dottie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...lookin good! :cool:

Hows the bodywork comin on that rear quarter panel? Thats gonna be a booger to work out! Are you planning on stitching some new metal in there, or just poundin the crap out of the panel you got left?

Keep it up...I am enjoying the thread..good pics! :D

^lol I'm not using those wheels, I'm getting a different set with more aggressive offsets ;)

oh, and apparently my car is unsafe according to all the knowledge gods on HybridZ, so I'm just going to go to the junkyard and get some stock struts and get some regular old lowering springs.

lol not. almost ready to go back in, just waiting on money so I can go and get some actual Nissan wheel seals for the front and caliper rebuild kits for all around...

what are you using to weld???

Just an fyi. A grinder will take it down and smooth it out. Also, for the splatter, you can take a flat head screw drive and hammer, and lightly tap on them and they will pop off. Then it wont look like painted over some BB's lol... Looking good so far, sucks it got hit :(

^lol I'm not using those wheels, I'm getting a different set with more aggressive offsets ;)

oh, and apparently my car is unsafe according to all the knowledge gods on HybridZ, so I'm just going to go to the junkyard and get some stock struts and get some regular old lowering springs.

whats unsafe about it? they have been shorened professionally they have welded collars on them and the sleaves have the regular nut and jam nut only way it could be safer is to actually weld the sleves to the struts which i dont think is possible because the sleves are aluminum

lol not. almost ready to go back in, just waiting on money so I can go and get some actual Nissan wheel seals for the front and caliper rebuild kits for all around...

whats unsafe about it? they have been shorened professionally they ave welded collars on them and the sleaves have the regular nut and jam nut only way it could be safer is to actually weld the sleves to the struts which i dont think is possible because the sleves are aluminum

after everything ive read about hbz on here im seriously doubting the people on there and the knolage of anything

Some guy (jmortenson) is claiming that at my PREVIOUS ride height (i.e. the old setup that's COMPLETELY changed now) I had no suspension travel. Even though I personally checked under my car when I set it down for suspension travel... some people just kill me XD

some people are just stupid i have 3 coils taken out of my stock springs up front on stock 610 struts and i still have about 2 inches of travel before bottoming out yes i know this isnt alot nd it will be fixed laer with zx struts butfor now it works and the ride actually isnt to bad

So a tiny little update...

DSC04065.jpg

DSC04066-1.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

Then it turns out I put that strut in backwards, so I had to take it off (hub, brake rotor and all) and move it to the other side after I got the LCA in... that was fun... but I got both sides in, all new everything is finally all in! (on the front at least)

moving onto removing the rear tomorrow :D then I get to rebuild my calipers and put her back on the road! (no wheels, I don't think this stupid car will ever get wheels, shit keeps coming up right when I'm about to be able to get them... <_< )

powdercoated it, along with the intake manifold and all the suspension parts ;)

(the color of the powder is Eastwood's Dark Purple I believe) And then everything is cleared with a metal-flake powdercoat clear, and then I cleared it again with that Duplicolor clear that has more flake. ;)

So I went out with good intentions of having some easy front wheel fitment shots today... the first coupler were, actually, and here's what I got:

DSC04072.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

BUT THEN. I noticed something horrible; the crossmember was sitting on the control arm, and I was like FFFFFUUUUUUUU. However, I did what ANY sane person would do, and busted out the air hoses and die grinder, and took all the shit I put in yester day back out (well, just the strut tubes/hubs/rotors, but that is the heaviest single thing to put on lol). I then proceeded to cut a nice little notch in my crossmember, about a half-inch up. Then the control arm was on the stud holding the member in... HA! it tries to defy me! the studs are meow flush with the nuts holding it in :D

so then I put everything back in, jacked it back up, and now I have plenty of clearance for my control arm! :D

DSC04076.jpg

DSC04077.jpg

(the other side looked MUCH nicer though)

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

After your last post I think I agree with the guy's on HybridZ, YIKES !

why he didnt cut anything strucrual he cut the very end of the crossmember that isnt structural and a little bit of the inner fender i wouls cut it back a little more and reweld the inner fender but other then that im not seeing anything unsafe

why he didnt cut anything strucrual he cut the very end of the crossmember that isnt structural and a little bit of the inner fender i wouls cut it back a little more and reweld the inner fender but other then that im not seeing anything unsafe

Good point. But the car is going to ride like shit and won't handle for shit. There is such a thing as to low when it comes to suspension geometry.

But who cares it will look freaking awsom that low. And it's not my car. He can do what ever floats his boat.

Good point. But the car is going to ride like shit and won't handle for shit. There is such a thing as to low when it comes to suspension geometry.

But who cares it will look freaking awsom that low. And it's not my car. He can do what ever floats his boat.

exactly lol

lol, it'll handle for shit to someone else that's into AutoX or something, but I've been a drag racer all my life, and my current DD while the Z is down is my '69 Firebird... with no sway bars and shocks set to full soft, so even stock was a step up from what I'm used to lol

And if I do AutoX it, I can adjust the springs up to basically where lowering springs would sit, so all the suspension geometry isn't that big of a deal ;)