Electro datto??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i know john, such old old old news. He also has a blue 1200 thats his more show car electro 1200. He is also working on my grandpas old 520 pickup, code name purple haze, going to be a awsome truck. The guy is so fucking crazy, but the awsome kind of crazy.

lol wow.

Johns a rad guy, his brother is in my Z club and Iv got to talk to him a few times

if you talk to his bro, can you find out if the white zombie will be at Canby. I got to see that in person.

Its hard for him to find time for the shows. he showed up to blue lake the year before last, and told my dad he would be there last year but he couldnt make it. Hes a really really busy guy, always chasing some new way to power his cars lol or make them faster. He is such a cool guy.

I've talked to John about it and he said ~$6,500 and ~$5,500 if you want to do it on the cheap. Better to start with a truck, since the suspension can handle the extra weight of the batteries with no modifications.

Check out NEDRA and last year's Wayland Invitational at Portland Int'l raceway: http://www.nedra.com/

Yes,,, VERY expensive........ at least $10k for a 25 mile range with a DC motor, and lead acid batteries.

About $50K for a 200 mile range and a AC motor, with litium ion batteries

But you still will only get a 25 mile range.....

Lead acid batteries are not going to save the planet,,,,,,,,, I asked a DC conversion company how many batteries I would need to power a 800lb electric vehicle......... He said you would need 600lbs of batteries to get a 25 mile range.....

In 2010 Subaru and Mitsubishi were supposed to release two VERY small fully electric cars with a 50-60 mile range, using AC motors and litium ion batteries.....

That was the news in 2004,,,,, but for some reason America said the cars were to small,,,,, and so now we have the Chevy Suburban Hybrid....... and a crap-ton of Priuses that can't stop

Here is a Top Gear race between a Prius and a V8 M3...... and the M3 gets better gas milage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk

And here is the Subaru R1e that was supposed to be availible in the USA last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6FBwzKIu_Y

lol this is great !!! and they do too do shows hell they came to this shit hole when Toyota was releasing a electric car they brought white zombie and a 521 that was electric. i will have my mech ask them to come to canby (boss and coworker).heres a few pics i shot when they came bye

th_whitezombie019.jpg

whitezombie005.jpg

whitezombie006.jpg

whitezombie007.jpg

whitezombie008.jpg

whitezombie009.jpg

whitezombie010.jpg

whitezombie011.jpg

whitezombie012.jpg

whitezombie013.jpg

whitezombie014.jpg

whitezombie015.jpg

whitezombie016.jpg

whitezombie017.jpg

whitezombie018.jpg

whitezombie020.jpg

whitezombie021.jpg

whitezombie022.jpg

whitezombie023.jpg

whitezombie024.jpg

whitezombie025.jpg

I was talking to Mike Klotz about building an electric truck, told him about this:

My link

He said that guy was on here. Any of you Vantucky Ratsunista know who he is, see him or talk to him?

There are all kinds of cool 'lectric stuff that has been built:

My link

My link

My link

I'd like to build one of these as a warm up, I'll bet this is fun:

My link

These guys are not too far from us here in PDX:

My link

There is no shortage of people that have been into this for a while:

My link

My link

This is what first got me started thinking Maybe I could do this:

My link

That was after I ran into one of these guys in the Bay Area about a dozen years ago. I thought he was talking about pie in the sky, but they are still doing it:

My link

Here is some funny shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGQSQAz9v6c&feature=related

While the video of White Zombie smoking built Mustangs and Vettes on Wednesday night at Portland International bracket races is cool. I'm a road racer at heart. Drag racing is a different skill set and is fun for a few seconds but running the whole track @ PIR lap afrter lap is a kick. Only thing better is lapping Laguna, Sears Point or Thunder Hill.

Filmed at Altamont Motorsports Park on Jan 23, 2007. Shows the Wrightspeed X1 prototype electric car against a Gallardo (520hp, AWD) and a Nascar. Standing start and a couple of laps. Lambo gets off the line well, but the clutch smells really hot after just a few starts. NASCAR is not set up for standing starts but goes well once it's up to speed. X1 is quite happy with standing starts, it's not hard on the car at all. Max lateral g was 1.41, on Hoosier A6 tires. Max speed was a little under 100mph. It's a half mile oval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXcLYqRcSs