JCCS show 2007

Steroid and Mark and Jason and all.................I Am on my way to work this morning,(it is 5.00 a.m.) but when I get back today i will be posting more photos and Mike...I agree with you and will get into my response later...suffice to say that the first show was a real dissappointment when that Patrol won Best truck....remember that?..we both looked at each other and went...WTF??? later guys

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided that all this talk of the judging has done a lot of good for all of us...We all now realize that the only thing we need to concern ourselves with is havin a real ball gettin together and the fun of being a group of Datsun enthusiasts.....to heck with trophies, plaques, etc....I know personally that the very first year was a real bummer for me (as well as for Steroid)...we both just KNEW that our trucks would finish well in the judging....it did not happen that way, and last year was (In my opinion) even worse....this year my attitude was "I am gonna have fun and not think 'bout no trophy"...and ya know what..it worked!!!!!...

On another note let me say that I think Derek ("Chopderek of Riverside) got the royal shaft of the weekend.....He did not get registered in time..but was with us as part of the caravan....as we entered, he was told to "hang loose" there might be a way to "get you in"...Cancellation or some such nonsense....So he did hang around for quite awhile...then they told him "Nope, can't do it"...

mind you now, they told him to "standby"...then said sorry bout that......later on we heard that they did have a number of "no shows" and there was plenty of room next to us for Derek to park his truck.......

DEREK..you got the short end of the weeny buddy.......I also apologize for only having this one picture of your truck....You guys don't know what you missed if you haven't seen Dereks truck...Awesome Man... Hope to see you soon at another show.......Ron

Queenmary88.jpg

Ron well said. Im hoping you guys all read the email response i got from Terry. I never got an answer as to why they dont just have 3 awards for each class..IE stock & modified. I simply think they dont know that 90% of car/truck shows are done that way & thats what i was trying to get across to them. I plan on getting back to them & maybe offering my ideas either in person or via email & hopefully they will let me. On the Derek not being able to show i find that not kool at all. They closed the gates @ 9 am & at that time we could have easily fit his truck behind us. I understand that they wouldnt have a "goody bag" prepared for him & may have thrown them off a bit but i think he simply wanted to be part of our area & represent. On top of that we {swdp guys} even offered to pitch in a bit more that the $30 pre reg cost which didnt work. Phiz tried his best but it was Terry that said no to the idea. No offense to them & ive told both Guy & Steroid this..those plaques dont cost that much when bough in bulk. Believe me i know, so why not budget in to buy enougawards for all classes? JCCS had a few corparate sponsers that im sure would have covered the extra costs. Sorry im i seem pissed [im not] ive just been to & organized many shows & know how to make it fair for everyone involved...that being said i WILL attend next year & enjoy being with my Datsun friends...SWDP fo life :D:cool:

I know how some of you guys feel when you get ripped on the trophy thing. This year was the first year it was done by judges not peoples choice. there lies the problem. Some of the judges want to see lots of bling and some don't have a clue what there looking at. I don't know if any of you guys saw the silver Z in the motorsport booth, That is mine, very nice car lots of chrome and all the bling. Last year I was at a show that was done by judges and I lost to a Z car that was half primer crappy interrior and the list goes on. Like I said some judges don't have a clue, I know Koji & Terry very well and they do the best they can, This show is there life they do a lot for the old school imports. I gave up years ago with trying to figure out how this trophy crap works. I just go and have a good time. This year I did take third in 510 wagon class and I'm sure there are a coulpe of guys that were pissed. I had the only one that was primer. But I was very happy that I won. Mark, I think you should contact Koji & Terry and sign up to help out next year, So you can give some of your input at one of the meetings, You all should sign up to help If you can. I have for the last two years. It's a lot of fun, Plus if you do sign up you don't have to wait in line in the morning, But you do have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to be there that early. Car shows are a blast, but if you go thinking your going to win then that takes all the fun right out of it when you don't. (Been there done that)

I do agree with both views on this. I have been showing Mini trucks for years and just recenlty got into the classic Datsun aspect of it. And I will tell you it is different. MArk I know you have done the Lowrider Magazine Tour shows. Now at the shows they go by a judging sheet. Different catagories and points for each. Now in lowriders they look for Chrome, ingraving, metal flake paint, murals, hydro set up etc. And if you dont have these no points. I have lost 1st place awards to trucks that have no under carriage, no detail, but have the Murals and paint and what I call lowrider interiors. My point that I am trying to make is that a Judged show is just that. You have to accept that all is comes down to is, a person opinion, what he likes. And same as people choice....it is what they like. I build custom trucks because I like the custom aspect of it. And I spend time and money to do what I like and I hope, win a few shows. And some time is does and some time is doesnt. Like the comment for the previous reply. You just have to do it for the love of the hobby. And if your looking for the Gold, then seak those shows that cater to your style of vehicle and go to those shows and knock them dead. If you just want to show off your creations then go to all the shows. And in time I am sure that all your work and effort and passion for the hobby (sport) will pay off with the gold.

I know Koji & Terry very well ...

i tried to sell them my basiclly rust free w/original paint, wagon last year, she ended up with and paid a lot more for a rust bucket because it had a better paint job :rolleyes:

i think the details sometimes get in the way of the big picture.

peoples choice, by the entrants only, is really the only way to judge it. but even some of the participants have no clues about another catagory.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Duh!!!! Why am I so "slow"?!?!? Really, I didn't ride the "short Bus" but anyway, I just noticed that if You place Your courser on the artwork of the DVD cover, You can clic on it to pre-order. And sure enough, there is the price!!! $20.00. Duh!!!:confused:

I was curious as to the word "Kyusha"n the JCCS website. I went onto a word tranlation webspace and it guided Me to a chatroom. This is the response from two members on that word.............

As far as I've been able to tell in 20-some years of studying the Japanese language, there exists no such word as "kyusha" as is intended in this context. Michael, Chandler, AZ.

the word "kyusha" implies to me a state of "having" as in " I have a ranking of 2nd kyu". Coming from a negatively-oriented person, I'd rather be though of as a "have" than a "have not". Jo, Petaluma, CA.

So they must be using the word to somehow mean: Owner. IE: You have what others have not. IE: Rare vehicle owner that most other people (commons?) do not have the ability to pocess. It might be a word indicating an elite statis in society.

Just My thoughts and observations.

I also noticed the other day (on another thread) the "pro's and con's" of the Rising Sun flag. I wonder how they feel about that as used on an "item" (such as a car hood or something). Ron, You surely remember the outrage during the 60s of "hippies" sewing an American Flag, or pieces of one, to Levis and such. Also, as someone mentioned, older Vetrans having negative opinions when seeing the Rising Sun here in Our country. Interesting topics.......... Maybe a seperate thread should be started on the Japanese language/culture discussion. Surely if You painted a Swastica on a vehicle You would be open to many comments, most I'm sure, being negative. But as I understand it, the Rising Sun was a flag of war. The Japanese Zero planes came from out of the Sun to attack. But there is no "stigma" on that symbol as there is on a Swastica. Our society accepts one symbol but is appalled by another. Both, however, are symbols of regeimes that killed Our forefathers.

Uh Huh..........I can remember my father being just outraged that "we" would buy anything made by the "japanese"..(I think the quote was more than that, something on the order of "the %$$%$%lthy J^&s", we kicked there F..ckin As*& and now we gonna help their economy...F&^K em...) so I am sure that he would be turnin in his grave at the way we get so much of our "stuff" from the orient...(actually in my own case..it is the" Fuckin Vietnamese ") sorry guys but that is really sore subject #1 with me...sorry...Oh and the "long Haired hippies and their American Flag patches.............oops another subject that pisses me off....(I promised meself i would not rant.....peace guys...