S30 WITH VTAK

BMCFlowDataIntake28.gif

(MN47 is pretty much an N47 with full peanut chamber from the 1981-1984 Maximas)

for reference:

N47 chamber (44.6cc)

IMG_2727.jpg

MN47 chamber (39.5cc)

b91103846.jpg

E31 chamber (42.4cc)

IMG_0084-5.jpg

E88 Chamber (44.7cc)

b62811619.jpg

P90 chamber (53.6cc)

IMG_0015-10.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The actuator lifts the 1st half of the runner up making it a short runner, for higher rpm and hp.

I'll be the dick to say it, any I4 in a s30 is a waste of a s30. The thing has 5 feet of hood and you put a I4? No bs about weight or anything either it has 50/50 with an old ass I6 stock. You could do a v6 or v8 even a better I6 and retain great weight characteristics. Besides that just about every datsun came I4 stock, so ya lets put an I4 in one of the only ones that didn't lol smooth.

I'm sure it can be made to be fast, besides the point entirely.....

first ill say this. your s30 is one of the main reasons i signed up...that being said,i have to disagree there. im tossing around the idea of a KA24DET powered 240z. yes, you lose those front two cylinders with an I4 over even the L2x, but gain a cross flow head, and i know you discounted it earlier, but better weight distribution. yes, the S30's have a MAMMOTH engine bay. i've seen everything from BB caddy engines to CA18/SR20's dropped in, and everything in between. ANY s30, hell any datsun period saved from the crusher or rotting away to nothingness isnt a waste in my opinion.

putting a turbo on an OS Giken head is absolutely retarded.

Actually I'll second the turboing an OS Giken head is retarded. That thing is a work of art in flow. You don't need perfect flow to make a turbo work. Much less, to even get an OS Giken head would be the selling of a testicle or two.

For those who think os Giken turbos are restarted, look closely at this video made back in the day. Look at seconds (27-47) of the video. Tell them what you think.