S30 WITH VTAK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VE's coool howd you go with making it RWD?

i agree with the other chaps saying a drop in cylinders and displacement compared to stock is usually a useless idea, but when you're talking about a light chassis its not so bad. the drop in weight isnt altogether significant, but lopping two cylinders off the end and having the bulk of the engines weight further behind the front axle is a good thing. not amazingly awesome or anything, but beneficial nonetheless. make sure gearing is still good and you're away!

putting SR20's in cressidas and 350Z's, THATS a stupid idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

what I'd give for an L20 though :P

thats like having an SR20det and saying "I wish I had a turbo L16 instead"

what you want for a 2L Z motor is an S20 from the FairladyZ 432/432R and the KPGC10 Skyline GT-R

P1010114.JPG

z4321.jpg

DSC_6371.jpg

booyah! sr20ve(maybe goin T)

that thing will SCREAM

Isnt the bell housing from the SR20VE different from the SR20DE? Cause one is FWD and the other is RWD.

Have any pics of the RWD tranny mounted on the motor? People usually just switch the heads from the VE and put them onto the DE and makes a whole of alot of difference. Anyways keep up the good work cant wait to check out a vid of it running.

I dont think it matters if people with Z's switch from I6 to and I4 as long as it hauls ass down the road is what matters. You cant beat the SR20DET. Probably the best motor if you know how to tune it right. Block and Head are both Aluminum.

Actually I'll second the turboing an OS Giken head is retarded. That thing is a work of art in flow. You don't need perfect flow to make a turbo work. Much less, to even get an OS Giken head would be the selling of a testicle or two.

• Like 1

Actually I'll second the turboing an OS Giken head is retarded. That thing is a work of art in flow. You don't need perfect flow to make a turbo work. Much less, to even get an OS Giken head would be the selling of a testicle or two.

My predilection unequivocally, just say what you are.

Then why did Datsun make the best blowing head (P90) for the Turbo then? biggrin.gif but I agree on the cost of one...

P90 is the best flowing head in stock form, Iv got the graph somewhere.... Ill post it when I find it.

theres a few of ways to build a good L6 head, from welding up an N42, shaving the P90 down (altho Im not a big fan of cam tower shims) and some good solid port work on an E31. just depends on what you have available and how much work you want to put into it.