Datsun 510 Stereo Set ups in the trunk ??????

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That damn gas tank! I am contemplating moving it? I have a fuel cell but I dont know? as of right now I have a 13inch Focal33v2. This sub is not a spl sub it is desiged for sound quality not mind bending boom! Because of the lack of options in the 510 trunk, I decided to try to mount it in the back deck. The specs for enclosures for this sub are 30 liters for fast and tight bass. and 50 liters for deep and articulate bass. Because of the tight space I went for the 30 liters and stuffed the box with as much polly fiber fill as I could. The polly fill (pillow stuffing) tricks the speaker into thinking it is in a larger box. Parts of my enclosure are mdf and parts are sheet metal that have an inch of dynamat on them. This set up sounds great but I am never happy with my sterio and always want to try something new. :P I want to bring my enclosure up to 50 litres for deeper bass. Also I dont like window tint so I want to build a cover for my back deck to keep things hidden. Ok time for pix

PA230724.jpg

This was my first set up a pair of dual voice coil 8" cerwin vegas. they sounded great!

PA310742.jpg

PA310744.jpg

PA300736.jpg

PA310745.jpg

PA310747.jpg

PB010754.jpg

Besides a cover to hide the speaks I have to deaden the roof first and then the rest of the cab.

I have already deadened the doors but thats it. Any stereo instal in a 510 will rattle the chit out of the cab.

Good luck with your instal!

Yes being polish is a great excuse :unsure:

I tend to do things that are against the grain.

I've been thinking about the sub box since my last post and I think I might move the breather's on the top of my tank to gain more room for my sub? I like to have a spare with me at all times and my tools. I love my trunk space.

That looks good polski ogorki. Howand were are you installing the amps?

Thanx I am happy for now but I'll rip into her again when I can afford it? I still have a stock alt so I didn't want to get too carried away with multiple amps. I just wanted to have some nice sound. I have an alpine running 3ch 75 watts x 2 and 300 mono. It runs my doors and the sub. My 6x9's are hooked to the deck for a bit of rear fill. I want to replace them. I hate 6x9's. I don't know why I bought them? There turned right down. My amp is stuck to the back of the box in the trunk. I made a header board for it(nothin special). I have had this amp for awhile and it has been beat up. It looks bad but sounds great!

P1010875.jpg

back in 96 i managed to squeeze 2 12 JL audio's in the back of my first dime. I blew the rear tail light panel off the weld's so be careful

I could see that happening with 2 12's in there lol. My set up fires into the cab nothing in the trunk. There is no sound in the trunk or presure. Even my 6x9's are sealed from the trunk.

Yesterday I made a cover for the back deck.

P1010880.jpg

Thanx I am happy for now but I'll rip into her again when I can afford it? I still have a stock alt so I didn't want to get too carried away with multiple amps. I just wanted to have some nice sound. I have an alpine running 3ch 75 watts x 2 and 300 mono. It runs my doors and the sub. My 6x9's are hooked to the deck for a bit of rear fill. I want to replace them. I hate 6x9's. I don't know why I bought them? There turned right down. My amp is stuck to the back of the box in the trunk. I made a header board for it(nothin special). I have had this amp for awhile and it has been beat up. It looks bad but sounds great!

P1010875.jpg

I could see that happening with 2 12's in there lol. My set up fires into the cab nothing in the trunk. There is no sound in the trunk or presure. Even my 6x9's are sealed from the trunk.

Yesterday I made a cover for the back deck.

P1010880.jpg

yah it sounded good i also had 2 pioneer 4 way 6x9 in the rear deck with 4 6inch pioneer premier's one in each door. with splits hidden in the air vent's. I had alpine tape deck with a cd changer because the car was so low and bounced so much you couldn't use a in dash cd player lol.

I like that cover it is nice i was planing on building something like that for my new car.

I had 3 61/2 in my rear deck lid of my last car hooked up to a small kenwood 4 channel amp and a 3x5 in the stock location in the dash. It actually sounded good.

I am thinking i am going to go with a 6inch sub and 2 6.5 in the rear this time. with two 6's in the front kick panel.

I am thinking i am going to go with a 6inch sub and 2 6.5 in the rear this time. with two 6's in the front kick panel.

Ya done right I'm sure that would sound great. My biggest want (as far as the tunes go) is to deaden the interior.I live in the middle of nowhere and when I go out I'm on the highway like right now. 510's are noisy little buggers. I used to have a pair of 15's in a ported 8cubic foot box in my Tawhore and that was stupid. I'm def now because of it. quiet car and good balanced sound is what I'm after now. :cool:

^^^Those trunks are snazy but where does a guy put his tools? or groceries?

Yesterday I did something I have been thinking about for a long time and I'm so stoked I did! I have 5 and a quarter inch speaks in the doors that sound great but teamed up with a 13 inch sub crossed over at 30hz doesn't cut it for mid bass. So I instaled my 8 inch subs for the mid bass and what a diference! Here are some pix.

P1010881.jpg

P1010886.jpg

P1010888.jpg

P1010889.jpg

P1010890.jpg

P1010887.jpg

P1010893.jpg

ok my turn. my sub is just a powered bazooka 10" & 200w. i built the kick panels and rear deck. technique used was fiberglass and cloth, after glass dried, i finished the glass well enough to remove all bumps etc, then i covered them in black vinyl. i have changed the speakers to kicker since then.

customspeakerpods510001.jpg

customspeakerpods510002.jpg

customspeakerpods510003.jpg

customspeakerpods510004.jpg

customspeakerpods510005.jpg

customspeakerpods510006.jpg

customspeakerpods510007.jpg

customspeakerpods510008.jpg