The Lime Green Machine

1BadZ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it actually is set just right.. The car was rather loose on the rear end at anything over 120, The wing is placed as those of the GT cars, alot of people dont understand the reasoning of it.. And simply it isnt my problem.. I installed the wing to create a better aero package on my z and to create a more stable rear end through the twisties.. Poke fun all you want, it doesnt bother me lol,, when it comes to the corners i havent found anything even remotely able to keep up that is still street legal.. The car isnt just looks.. as 280zx seems so disappointed, it is merely built on a performance aspect, This Z has 400hp on the engine, and 375 ft lbs of torque, and has turned a 11.297 in the 1/4 at 121.9 mph..

Cheers -1BadZ-

Yea it actually is set just right.. The car was rather loose on the rear end at anything over 120, The wing is placed as those of the GT cars, alot of people dont understand the reasoning of it.. And simply it isnt my problem.. I installed the wing to create a better aero package on my z and to create a more stable rear end through the twisties.. Poke fun all you want, it doesnt bother me lol,, when it comes to the corners i havent found anything even remotely able to keep up that is still street legal.. The car isnt just looks.. as 280zx seems so disappointed, it is merely built on a performance aspect, This Z has 400hp on the engine, and 375 ft lbs of torque, and has turned a 11.297 in the 1/4 at 121.9 mph..

Cheers -1BadZ-

You have a dyno sheet on that build? I need to build a new motor for my RACE car.

I wonder if how often you actually do "120" "through the twisties" to justify that horrid wing. I'm just kissing I dont wonder, I just assume no lol. There are TONS of s30's running super fast times both 1/4 and track with more power then that and dont require a flight plan.

Nice z besides, welcome :-)

• Like 1

Feel free skib, i was too where you are.. And to me its ok if people dont believe... I only said a little info on the motor.. The things stated are just normal what everyone says.. and hey, why state anything more, then what others do.. There is one thing for sure thought.. It will pull the front tires off the ground from a standing start (I have blown front struts atm because of the struts slapping the o-ring seals and breaking them.. The new suspension will be here soon.. Im excited.) And hugh, to answer your question.. No.. it is not stock..

Cheers -1BadZ-

how exactly are you getting the hp/tq numbers?

Im very interested in the complete set up. Im not doubting to be a dick or anything, Id like to investigate the technical side of it.

If you are actually making 400hp on an N/A 2.8 Im sure myself and quite a few other people would want to know how you did it.

but Im very very skeptical of that number from my own L engine building experience and by comparing to other builds, John is making 454hp on a very nicely built 3.0L stroker turbo.

so until theres technical proof and a proven dyno sheet Im still gonna have to stick with my call of shenanigans

do you have a daughter boarded ecu?? nistune?

i dont believe the part where you get 50% more power.. i mean maybe 5-10% but no way %50.. i mean it would have to be tuned like dog shit to start with..

i have a nistune ecu in my car an im able to adjust the fuel/timing maps and have done alot of research an tinkering.. an have yet to find anyone who could get that kind of power out of a near stock engine..

Ok, lets start this discussion off from where i learned the trick.. Did you ever hear about the guy who was taking stock Diesle engine and tuning them to produce double the horsepower and torque, while still saving more fuel just off of ecu tuning? If not heres more info.. There was this guy back east who learned how to take a brand new diesle truck and hook up a laptop and readjust the mappings of the engines.. (short form of how he did it) Basically what he did, was he found that the manufactures of any ecu style of car would actually detune the vehicles all simply throught the ecu's.. What he has learned was that reworking the mappings he could increase the power of the engine while at the same time increasing the fuel efficency by increasing the efficency of the engine.. Now most cars are really only using part of the stock power the engine actually produces.. You can gain a minimal 50% increase in power just by a few simple ecu map tunings.. Now heres the stickler.. Engines are built to run are a certain pattern and can accept a little influence before having to do some modifications.. Now I will try to explain for you all to get a better understanding of what i am talking about

Lets just say you have a engine that produces 200hp, (Crank Horsepower) and is a fuel injected engine running an ecu.. Now lets say the ecu mappings are set as 50% fuel , 50% air mixture on a stock ecu.. The big thing about this is you can increase each percentage, kind of like its a percent usage.. If i took and upped the percentage of each to 75% i would get a 25% increase in power (both hp, and tq).. Its not this simple thought, since most mappings are quite hard to read.. It does infact take quite a bit of research to learn.. Now that you have the basic idea of what I will tell you as I have done to mine..

My ecu isnt a stock ecu, it is actually out of a newer car, which allowed me to access the ecu with a program and retune the mappings.. What i have done in short is simply increase the efficency of the engine.. This in total gave me about a 50-60% increase in my cars overall performance. Yes this took some time to set up.. Now not every car is the same.. But I will say this..

Find an ecu with the same plug style as your car that is capible of behind put on a laptop.. The problem is, mapping programs cost quite a bit of money.. So really its all up to you..

All the modifications I have done with my engine, has been done to a specification to my engine.. I will give you a few examples..

1. I opened the breathing ports on my head to allow a smoother intake = mapping a higher percentage of air into the cylinders.

2. I installed a high Volume fuel pump (not high pressure because it doesnt change if your running a pressure regulator) with the high volume fuel pump i upgraded to a little larger fuel lines and and higher cfm fuel injector = mapping a higher percentage of fuel into the cylinders.

3. The timing has been changed due to the fact of getting both more air and fuel as told by the ecu, and allows the combustion more time to work instead of wasting (as example) 10% of what its used for..

Hope this help you all understand how...

Cheers -1BadZ-

I know L engines, head porting, ECU's, ect. well and that really dosent tell me anything sorry, thats all super vague, basic, and highly disputable info.

i dont see how he's gettin %50 more power from retuning a stock ecu, especialy when they usualy require daughterboards ect..

what about all those guys running STAND ALONES?? all their tuning an shit an none of them are gettin %50 more power just from the tune..

an engine can only make so much power in stock form without bein altered an i dont think any amount of tuning over the stock tuning will result in such an increase

i dont see how he's gettin %50 more power from retuning a stock ecu, especialy when they usualy require daughterboards ect..

what about all those guys running STAND ALONES?? all their tuning an shit an none of them are gettin %50 more power just from the tune..

an engine can only make so much power in stock form without bein altered an i dont think any amount of tuning over the stock tuning will result in such an increase

no there is no way you can get a 50% increase in power from any ECU

hmmm ok

well i cant wait for some dyno videos

Like i said before,, when i pull the motor to refresh it before i go start doing my solo runs, i will put it on a dyno.. And get pics and vids of it all for everyone to see..

• Like 1