Got head?

wag0n

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from finding out what's wrong with it, just take it off and down to a machine/head shop when you pinpoint the problems. You can probably have it fixed cheaper than buying a used head as most used heads will be in the same condition: Needing rebuild.

yes we have extra heads but best to know whats wrong with yours.

Sening a head cost time and money.

adjust the valves/rockers if its not firing on 2 cylinders.

If you cant adjust valves to get a feeler gauge under the rocker cause the 14mm post is down all the way and its butted up to the jam nut then your valve seat is sunk. if so get another used head or fix this by machine shop

yes we have extra heads but best to know whats wrong with yours.

Sening a head cost time and money.

adjust the valves/rockers if its not firing on 2 cylinders.

If you cant adjust valves to get a feeler gauge under the rocker cause the 14mm post is down all the way and its butted up to the jam nut then your valve seat is sunk. if so get another used head or fix this by machine shop

Bad intake valve in 4. gasket has not been tampered with in any way. I'll see what else I can find out from my mechanics. I have plenty of time, no great surplus of money. please email me for more details. Thanks!

so you have the head off then? or did you leak it down?

Head's off. intake valve on 4 was damaged (smashed into piston head) For some reason the guys that are helping me with the engine dont seem to think a new valve will fix it. I'm very stupid.

Well if there is a hole in the piston then yes it wont be fixed.

Ezest solution would be to bolt another head on for a quick fix, and just roll it.

I assume a new valve would fix it. But might as well get the whole head redone while its off. Basic valve grind and valve stem seals.that fixes one cylinder what about the other. Your write up sais you have 2 cylinders out?

Bad intake valve in 4. gasket has not been tampered with in any way. I'll see what else I can find out from my mechanics. I have plenty of time, no great surplus of money. please email me for more details. Thanks!

It's near impossible to have the valve touch the piston. You bought it like this? The previous owner may have changed the head gasket and rotated the cam while at TDC. When he bolted it back up he bent the valve. A mark on the piston won't hurt. Got pictures???

Check that head is level and throw a new $15 valve from the dealer in it and a $25 gasket and drive it.