peformance

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is a stock datsun muffler you should see a gain but as to how much not sure as there are other variables but just a switch to something more free flow will usually gain. if you don't want it to be loud just use a superturbo. cleaner looking and under the radar.

if this is a stock datsun muffler you should see a gain but as to how much not sure as there are other variables but just a switch to something more free flow will usually gain. if you don't want it to be loud just use a superturbo. cleaner looking and under the radar.

alright thank you my girlfriends dad just bought one for his sons 88 ranger today and i was planning on goin to a shop and gettin a new exhaust system but dont really have the money for that and his truck sounds really good with his new cherrybomb so i was pretty stoked to find one for my car.

that is why I suggested the super turbo. cheap, good flow, not loud or obnoxious. borla or dynomax straight through design mufflers are nicer but sometimes can be loud. pretty much now at days all my cars have super turbo mufflers on them. have done dyno comparisons on many cars and muffler variations and never see a monstrous gain or any from a superturbo to a straight through design. but hey up to you if you are set on it then go for it

if i replace my stock muffler with a cherry bomb glasspack muffler will i gain any horsepower.

Not anything usable in the usual driving speeds and it may even lower torque in this range. Any gain is quite high in the rev range and amounts to a few hp. (maybe) Noise, no matter how sexy sounding is not power. If your muffler is in good shape just leave it. If replacing anyway try to find another that is larger or with larger inlet/outlet pipes and can be adapted to your system. If replacing the pipes, have the down pipe from the motor increased by 1/4" in diameter and a new muffler on that.

that is why I suggested the super turbo. cheap, good flow, not loud or obnoxious. borla or dynomax straight through design mufflers are nicer but sometimes can be loud. pretty much now at days all my cars have super turbo mufflers on them. have done dyno comparisons on many cars and muffler variations and never see a monstrous gain or any from a superturbo to a straight through design. but hey up to you if you are set on it then go for it

alright thank u ya i bought the glasspack with my parents and girlfriend the other day so i plan on taking it to a shop in a few days so i will update you guys with some pics.

alright thank u ya i bought the glasspack with my parents and girlfriend the other day so i plan on taking it to a shop in a few days so i will update you guys with some pics.

Good luck. worse case if you don't like it you can always use if for maybe a pre silencer and then add a muffler like the super turbo or borla or magnaflow or dynomax. this way it can tone it down even more and not hurt performance

Good luck. worse case if you don't like it you can always use if for maybe a pre silencer and then add a muffler like the super turbo or borla or magnaflow or dynomax. this way it can tone it down even more and not hurt performance

alright i will keep that in mind so do your think the glass pack is gonna hurt the performance of the car.

Not anything usable in the usual driving speeds and it may even lower torque in this range. Any gain is quite high in the rev range and amounts to a few hp. (maybe) Noise, no matter how sexy sounding is not power. If your muffler is in good shape just leave it. If replacing anyway try to find another that is larger or with larger inlet/outlet pipes and can be adapted to your system. If replacing the pipes, have the down pipe from the motor increased by 1/4" in diameter and a new muffler on that.

ya i have to replace it it has the stock original muffler and its all rotted out so i just bought the cherry bomb.

im not going for the ricer sound im goin for more of a muscle car sound.

Not sure what was meant because you can't get a "muscle car" sound from a 4 cylinder, I am assuming you have an L series engine. I did hear a Datsun with dual exhaust. Somehow he took a truck muffler, which had one inlet and 2 outlets had the muffler shop come out with 2 pipes from the back. The closes I heard a V-8 muscle sound was back in the days with my 76 Capri which was a V-6, 2,800 and had dual exhaust with turbo mufflers and that soudned like a small V-8 but I don't think you will get a "muscle car" sound from a 4 cyl.

Not sure what was meant because you can't get a "muscle car" sound from a 4 cylinder, I am assuming you have an L series engine. I did hear a Datsun with dual exhaust. Somehow he took a truck muffler, which had one inlet and 2 outlets had the muffler shop come out with 2 pipes from the back. The closes I heard a V-8 muscle sound was back in the days with my 76 Capri which was a V-6, 2,800 and had dual exhaust with turbo mufflers and that soudned like a small V-8 but I don't think you will get a "muscle car" sound from a 4 cyl.

But you can get "rice muscle" with a 4 banger and a cherry bomb.