85 720 K/C..new truck for me

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking truck. Why not sand blast the wheels and repolish th areas you want polished? Or soda blast the wheels and then polish.

Sandblasting would be the way to go but i dont have access to one. Is soda blasting a similar process & can i do it myself ?

Ahh yes the death trap hood....i remember that pic from the nwde site :D

today i did the sawzall tire removal trick & sanded 1 of the rims a bit more. Using 320 then 600 wet. Will follow with 1000 then begin polishing...

2s80cqg.jpg

Mark that looks good. I have nt done anything to my truck, workin. Drivin it daliy. I still have the seats

"Mark that looks good. I have nt done anything to my truck, workin. Drivin it daliy. I still have the seats"

Thanks Dan. These rims are a ways away from being presentable, they were NEVER cleaned & the alluminum is pitted a bit.

On the seats i do want them,,was wondering if the seat tracks are level or staggered? Can you snap a pic & PM it to me,,thanks.

* +

* -

Came up with a design for the hood. Just a quickie seeing as id like to buy a new hood down the road...

scf5a8.jpg

jv0lc4.jpg

& i painted the cowl.......

24y7b5s.jpg

Next step is to paint the back rims..then who knows whats next :rolleyes:

i want 2 do the same 2 my hood but i don"t want 2 copy u? and iam scared 2 do it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i love how you always use stinger pipes, they look badass and i imagine they sound pretty good. i did the sawzall tire removal myself on some swazi's a while back...my tire was mad when he had to remove the bead! i had left more rubber as well, do you have a technique for removing all the rubber?

i love how you always use stinger pipes, they look badass and i imagine they sound pretty good. i did the sawzall tire removal myself on some swazi's a while back...my tire was mad when he had to remove the bead! i had left more rubber as well, do you have a technique for removing all the rubber?

Yes..i use a NEW cut off wheel in the grinder & cut at an angle. Wear gloves,,hot rubber is'nt fun :blink:

Allrighty then...heres a change even the neigbhors will enjoy :rolleyes:

I used a flange & installed my VW stinger pipe....it's a tad loud but has a nice tone... :thumbup:

iw68op.jpg

ve1vn6.jpg

& an updated interior pic........

20iupw0.jpg

that is all, carry on :devil:

You need to stuff some factory gauges in that console :cool:
  • 4 weeks later...

Sealick- what gauges went in the console & wee they only in the ST models ?

Today i swapped in the seats that were in the wagon. Alot more comfortable on my back & im sitting low to the floor. Also replaced the factory speakers with some Fosgate mid's...

aywwph.jpg

b9bp1v.jpg

& got started on the other 2 ST rims. 3 coats of paint remover took cae of the grime & then i wet sanded them using my palm sander w/ 320..

mt5lj5.jpg

Sealick- what gauges went in the console & wee they only in the ST models ?

Today i swapped in the seats that were in the wagon. Alot more comfortable on my back & im sitting low to the floor. Also replaced the factory speakers with some Fosgate mid's...

Here are some that came stock with my ST....oil pressure and volt gauges

P8050064.jpg

Same gauges in my 84 Reg cab.....also has the dealer installed switche(s) for fog and off road lights. I only have the switch for the fog lights.

PC120034.jpg

Someone said gauges........?...... :cool:

I've never came across a 720 without......up here anyways.

P1010015.jpg

I don't know.....I kinda have hoarding issues....lol

Actually....no problemo......but....nothing local down there?

You will also need the harness to hook the gauges up.....which I have.

You have the stock plugins to accept the harness tucked up underneath your dash somewhere.....so no issues, other than

changing your oil pressure sending unit.

You do realize these are metric gauge(s)......highly prized in the Datsun community..... :rofl: ....not.