85 720 K/C..new truck for me

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

flippin the emblems...YEAH totaly old school 80's style :cool:

dave what color was that 720 when u got it, i knew a bunch of peeps from sweet and low..thought that it looked a little familiar

mark those gfx are the old hottops/ratical style, the front dam mounted below the front bumper..

Thanks Tom for the info..i wonder if somebody has one of those air dams in thier garage collecting dust ? Sweet n low, when i got into mini trucks in 86 they were still huge here in SD. & heres the 4x4 grill i found, aftermarket but thats ok. Will cost about $50 shipped...

fk4ojo.jpg

More buffing done today. The PS & half the roof are done. Also installed my very 80's antenna & repaired the center console....

1266453511.jpg

1266455984.jpg

nice mark i wont be the only 720 hey do know anybody who has any mudflaps i found one let know looks great and the rims to cant wait to see it

Dan i dont know anybody here w/ an extra flap. But...im sure the yards will have a few. Tyr the Pick-a-part off of Miliken by the 210.

Over the weekend i picked up a NEW dash cover, a 3 mirror clamp on Wink mirror & an even smaller steering wheel :D

Dan i dont know anybody here w/ an extra flap. But...im sure the yards will have a few. Tyr the Pick-a-part off of Miliken by the 210.

Over the weekend i picked up a NEW dash cover, a 3 mirror clamp on Wink mirror & an even smaller steering wheel :D

Thanks Mark, are you going to put the st rims on looks like you have alot of 80's stuff the st rims would look perfect on with the other retro pcs. I remember thats how all the nissan mini trucks looked. We are still meeting at mcdonalds at 700? Great job on nissan

ya its ok...lol...I dig it I had a 720 back in the day. standard cab I would love to get a xcab. Hard to find in decent shape. Looks like you got a nice driver there.All you got to do is put a sliding rag in the cab, and drive the hell out of it. You should polish up the ST rims and put those on, that would be late 80s for ya...

So are you ready to sell me the D21..its all lonely in the garage there....!!! I will even throw in my burgandy old school 620 in the deal...

Untitled-2.jpg

I really like those rims. What brand are they?

TY Nissan boy. You gotta hit up the thrift stores & swap meets. I find all of my stuff at places like that for cheap.

Ok in 3 hours today i was able to clean,sand, paint & clear coat the steering wheel & Wink mirror. I used the ST hub that was in my 620 Also put in the dash cover...

34pxeeh.jpg

3308k8x.jpg

No real pic worty upgrades yet. This wekk ill re-spray the hood & cowl. I "may" do a rising sun design for now.

Also been trying to seal up a leak, the PS carpet by the kick panel gets wet when it rains.

mine too, dunno where its coming from. new windshield and seal, methinks its coming from hood hinge, or maybe the windshield wipers, i think the rubber bushing may be worn out/shrunk and water is leaking in thru there.

if you find out where yours is coming from let me know, i haven't cared enough to look for mine as my floorboards already got a hole and leaks the water back out :rofl:

I removed the cowl & the plastic parts that direct water runoff & on the PS theres a square "tower" & if you look down inside it, theres the "flap" that lets fresh air in from the outside. I suspect it's leaking in from the base of that "tower" & or from the flap itself. I plan to run a thick bead of silicone alog the base of that part & see if it stops.

• 3 weeks later...

Got started on 1 of the ST rims today & wow what a mess! They all have a layer of grease front & back. I used a scotchbrite pad & degreaser to get them a little cleaner. Did both sides 4 times too........

2b6r2w.jpg

288nuki.jpg

15prjpi.jpg

zlr7kx.jpg

next is to use the Dremel to get in the tight spots & then use paint remover to strip the clearcoat. Also need the baloon tires removed to make the job easier........sawzall here we come... :hyper: