'81 210 or is it B310...parts

Hello again...

Does anyone know where to score parts for a 1981 210 coupe?

I've seen conflicting model info. One says it's a 210, one a B310, one a 150y and another a kb310.

I'm trying to locate lowering springs, shocks, JDM bumpers, and a front spoiler.

Any help would be great!

-C

• Like 1
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get them at the Arlington Pull-A-Part. Give them a call and ask if they have any in stock (they usually do).

That information is not conflicting. Datsun model series B310 was marketed in the USA as "Datsun 210". In some other countries as 120Y/140Y/150Y. The coupe version is KB310. K for kuupe (クーペ).

B210: 1974-1978 model year

B310: 1979-1982 model year

• 3 weeks later...

I got KYB Shocks in my 210(Stiffer) better cornering grip , got them from autozone, try them out.

$45 a piece.

A front Air Dam you can fabricate your self with a sheet of metal and bend it how ever you want it, just make a couple of holes and you can mount it on your bumber easily. Not to thin cause in the highway it will bend to far back, need it to be a bit thick.

• 5 months later...

That information is not conflicting. Datsun model series B310 was marketed in the USA as "Datsun 210". In some other countries as 120Y/140Y/150Y. The coupe version is KB310. K for kuupe (クーペ).

B210: 1974-1978 model year

B310: 1979-1982 model year

Yes, the name varies from one country to another, but it's really the B310 platform code that tells you what kind of car it is. The cars before it were the B110 and B210. For 1983 they designed a front drive replacement designated B11. They were all "Nissan Sunny" in Japan. The B15 Sentra SE-R Spec-V shows its lineage in the bolt pattern. The offset has changed over the years, but the bolt dimensions are the same...and since the B14 they have a rigid rear axle again!

My step-grandfather in Costa Rica has a B310 "Datsun 120Y" 4-door in his garage. Except for the body style, most features are identical to my WHLB310 wagon.

I'd like him a lot better if he hadn't wrecked it so many times. dry.gif

An even better answer to your question is probably that lowering springs are either stock springs that you've cut, or they're custom made at great expense.

The Nissan Motorsport catalog used to have B310 springs, but I woudn't recommend them. The front ones were actually softer than stock, and the rear ones could be duplicated by cutting 1.5 - 2 coils off your stock springs.

I liked the improvement in handling (and ride!) when I installed an Addco rear swaybar. I'm pretty sure they're still available.

I got a bunch of valvetrain parts from Nissan Motorsport back in 2004. I'm sitting on them until I decide to have the engine rebuilt. I also have some rear control arm bushings that came in little "NISMO" boxes. :D Those bushings made the ride a lot harder. They're rubber inside metal sleeves, advertised as 400% stiffer than stock, but i thought they'd ride nicer than polyurethane. This was the one mod that made me slow down for train tracks.

Shocks and brake parts can be bought at a retail parts store, but are probably special order items. The brake parts probably have the least lead time, as they're generally in a regional warehouse a day or two away.

The store will have stuff in stock that was common to several cars, such as fuel filters, oil filters, and spark plugs.

You might get JDM bumpers if you're willing to ship from Down Under. I almost got some through a friend when he went to visit family in New Zealand. He came back from that trip and told me he looked at bumpers and they were all different from mine. I told him that if he'd been sober at any time during the trip, he might have remembered that was the point.:rolleyes:

For my rear I used cut 72? 510 rear springs, and its alot stiffer. Heard from an old hat that 260Z rears will fit in the front struts.

Also do your shocks bottom out in the bumps after cutting springs? Mine do in the front and I remember hearing about shorter shocks, but cant remember where! <_< Was thinking that a machine shop could shorten the shaft on mine so it would travel in the correct place in the shock and not bottom out. :unsure:

I have 2 front spoiners, one is gold anodized alluminum screwed to the lower lip. The other is the bottom plastic piece off a 59 4x4 S-10, turned upside down and screwed to the under side of the bumper. ;)

S-10

100_0767.jpg

Alluminum

100_3588.jpg

I had 2 coils cut off my front springs, and they don't bottom out. At least on my car, the tires will rub in a corner, but I never have any other bottoming-out type effects.

I also have Koni dampers in the front struts. i can't remember the name of the web site, but they still had them when i looked a couple of years ago. "New" isn't the word for them. They were shiny unused stock, but the box looked like it had been thrown around and shipped from one warehouse to another for 20+ years. As of now, they ride a lot better than the KYB Gas-A-Just I had in the front.

I'm not sure what dampers to use for the rear, so I'm stuck with Gas-A-Just for the forseeable future.

P.S. I never have any rubbing with the stock-size 175/70R-13s, but had a little rubbing with 205/60R-13 and a lot of rubbing (bent metal!!!) with 195/60R-14.

I thought the 14s might have too much diameter, but they're Falken Azenis 615s...

...the answer to all my traction wishes.

I put on New Monroe sens-a-tracks on and I think that they are not near stiff enough!

Thanks for the info, I need better front suspension!

I can see pics today...

...and that's quite an intake you have there!

Cant reading it, am I doin it wrong?

I looked at their site a while ago. Very little of it is in English.

I've gathered that their B310 race car has about 158hp from a 1508cc pushrod engine.

(I assume that's on race gas and I can't get that much out of a streetable A14.)

...but I can't figure out how to order anything.

I previously saw a link saying "Overseas customers click here." I think it was just last week.

It led to a web site in California that said it was under construction.

I e-mailed the address on that site but never got an answer.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello again...

Does anyone know where to score parts for a 1981 210 coupe?

I've seen conflicting model info. One says it's a 210, one a B310, one a 150y and another a kb310.

I'm trying to locate lowering springs, shocks, JDM bumpers, and a front spoiler.

Any help would be great!

-C

KHLB310 is model to lefthand drive coupe.. Mine is US model also.. check the type plate in enginebay..

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.restored.jp/englishtop.htm

I found it again!

Their English page offers translation software and says:

To customers outside Japan

Sorry but we leave it to the agency.

↓↓

MASTERMIND

http://mastermindna.com/

The Mastermind website still says "coming soon".

One day I got a response from Rajeet at Mastermind.

The hood is available in fiberglass, carbon fiber panel on a fiberglass "skeleton", or carbon with a carbon skeleton.

Naturally, I want carbon with the carbon skeleton. :D I just can't shell out that kind of money at the moment. :blink:

I bet the carbon doors get you most weight savings...If you have the money.

• 5 years later...

Try this site for fiberglass JDM bumpers and other parts.

Restored

For those like me who hope to afford a carbon fiber hood for their Datsun one day...

The Restored web site is still there, but I can no longer find the link to their one-time U.S. vendor.

When I went to that vendor's web site anyway (Mastermind) I found that they're still selling Restored carbon parts for the old Celica, but not for any Nissans.  :crying: