business card

I want to print up some cards for my pinstriping and hopefully make a little money on the side. I always get asked for my number but i know that little piece of paper or the number in the someones contacts are going to get lost or forgot about. Plus i think a nice business card would make me look a little more professional.

Something I'm thinking about printing. What do you think?

madnesscard.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means that you should add some striping design to the front side of your card. I agree with that and would make that striping a partial section of some work. If you put an entire piece in that area, itd make it look like a logo rather than filler. I think theres just alot of empty space there, probably too much.

I think he means that you should add some striping design to the front side of your card. I agree with that and would make that striping a partial section of some work. If you put an entire piece in that area, itd make it look like a logo rather than filler. I think theres just alot of empty space there, probably too much.

I agree

I agree with displaying your own style of striping on the card.

what about a pinstripe design that actually says "Madness" on the front, or just your favorite deign

and all your contact info on the back?

I wouldnt use that serif typeface on the back, because it doesnt really follow the concept of pinstriping, which is to be steady, smooth and continuous. Know what I mean?

I'd suggest a script/ sans serif typeface combo.

I like the card posted above, but (imo) the "scrapin by customs" logo takes away from the beauty of the pinstripe design.

Id also suggest leaving out the hotshot cans and brush image on the back.

Let your design grab the attention of your viewer, and your info let them know how to get in touch with you.

Are you gonna print these yourself or have em professionally printed? If you go pro, Remember MS Paint is crap, they should spend a lil time checkin and cleaning the artwork before they print. Also, printers that do cards and flyers arent always 100% spot on for cuts. Leave yourself some of that black all the way around larger than the card size, just a bit. no more than an 1/8".

If you have done light colored pinstriping on a black or other very dark car, use a photo of it. My thought would be an up close, in your face kinda section. Like If you were to lean in to a design a bit to get a closer look. You could do it with software i suppose, but my software choice would be a vector art program. Illustrator is a good, non market specific, program though others work aswell. That way you get clean crisp lines and no fuzzy text.

Id send the second one to print, adding pin striping to the card would be cool because it shows off a bit of your work but its going to over crowd the design and just make it a subconscious distracting mess for the eyes to look at. the front is good the way it is because the eyes naturally/subconsciously move from left to right and top to bottom so this automatically attracts your view strait to your text with out being distracted by a bunch of other stuff before getting to the point and the important part.

its a business card, you want it simple, clean and to the point.

I agree with Skib, it should be simple but you want it to stand out against any other cards a person might have collected. If you have pin striping on it people will easily understand what it is you do. Other wise it looks like you do lighting. A picture is worth a thousand words. It should also match your shop/website/company sign that sort of stuff.

Id send the second one to print, adding pin striping to the card would be cool because it shows off a bit of your work but its going to over crowd the design and just make it a subconscious distracting mess for the eyes to look at. the front is good the way it is because the eyes naturally/subconsciously move from left to right and top to bottom so this automatically attracts your view strait to your text with out being distracted by a bunch of other stuff before getting to the point and the important part.

its a business card, you want it simple, clean and to the point.

exactly

I want clean and simple. I don't have any good pictures of my pinstriping since my laptop crashed and everything that i've tried to put on there just looks like a mess. I really like the second proof and i think that will be the one i print. Im just worried that the e mail addy is to small. I don't know how much bleed the ink will do and how badly it will mess up the small print. although every card i've seen printed comes out clean and crisp.

Another issue im having is 14pt. to thin for a business card? Uprinting.com is who im going through, about 30 bucks for 250 of this card. They've been in business for 25 years and are in LA so im guessing the quality of their prints are pretty good but its so damn cheap, its almost a little shady.

• 4 weeks later...