Car Nicknames, Whats Yours?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought my 510, it had white and red primer spots all over it, earning it the esteemed title ''moo cow''. It's been primed black for a decade, but the name stuck.

The '70 mgb is the rattler due to the Ford tbird turbo drive train, like a Cobras little brother.

The '79 Toyota pickup is called Carl, after my wifes grandfather whom I inherited it from.

The Longbed Bulletside is 'Frog Meat'

I became the second owner two years ago. Original owner's nickname was 'Frog' and he lived a block from me and he passed away about twenty years ago. His wife continued using the red pickup for yard work till about two years ago. She's in her mid 90's. I think her grown son (several years older than me) jumped a rocker off and bent a valve. It sat for a couple years and I came home from work one day and it was sitting out in the front yard with a 'For Sale' sign. Followed me home before sundown. After new set of valves and replace all the small units bolted on the L20B and she purrs almost like day one. Is going to get a new clutch kit when the E1 is back in the 320.

PolishedRF_zps26f34179.jpg

HaulinBerwski_zps18648736.jpg

Forgmeat likes to party.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, apparently October 2nd is national name your car day.

http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-name-your-car-day-october-2/

So if you haven't done so yet, today's as good of day as any.

(mods, in honor of such an occasion, perhaps this thread should be moved to general discussion since 510's are not the only Datsuns worthy of a nickname)