Hitachi DCH 340 Carb Questions/ Problems

stevensonDNL

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need at least two chk balls in the 340, one in the bottom of the accel pump chamber (the spring has a link at it's end that holds the ball in position...this MUST be there, mandatory) and at least one in the accel discharge chamber......I've seen two balls in here without a weight, also seen one ball and a brass weight and ALSO with one ball, the brass weight and a lite spring all under the threaded cap. My personal DCH carb uses a ball and brass weight with no spring....works 100% :)

--Ray 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I just read this thread, was the high idle problem ever solved?

I think there was mention that with the throttle plates closed, light could be seen around the throttle plate.

Wonder if someone had the plates off the shaft?  Wonder if they installed them upside down?

I've done this and when you install them, you have to close the plates, wiggle them until they are tight and then tighten and lock the screws.

I was also thinking as the ratio of engine displacement to throttle plate shaft diameter decreases, shaft leakage becomes more critical.