71 prerunner

baja4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ratrod, yes,the beams are widened ranger beams, ranger centers with extended outers, and ranger spindles.

Bob, the A pillar cage ties into a body mount that has extra gussets on it, and the B pillar tube goes all the way through with a bend to tie into the frame.The cage does go from the engine compartment, through the cab, and out the back, body and bed will never come off. Where in Co. are you?

Hey Matt, Very cool pictures. That Ranger looks trick. How do they do racing? That is the only thing I miss about California, is the desert racing. Actually headed to Parker, and King of the Hammers in a couple weeks.

They do well in their class(es) - I think the ranger finished in first place this last season. They run in the M.O.R.E. sportsman truck classes (1400 & 1450) so it's more grass roots and lower dollar than some of the others.

I didn't realize KoH was coming up again so soon. I haven't been, but I've seen some of the rigs on pirate4x4 and they are impressive.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, New guy to your forum here. Glad we found you. Thought I would post some pictures of our new to us 521. Bought it in California a few months ago. Built well, just needs some finishing up. Suppose to be my son's first truck in about a year, but I'm getting attached to it. I had a 71,converted to 4x4, in about 1982 as my first truck. Should of never sold it. Also have a 70 521 we're parting out, will post it in the classifieds. Thanks for the forum.

P1100359.jpg

P1100360_2.jpg

P1100361_2.jpg

ANy new updates of progress on the truck?

What size tires are you running in the pics?

Great Looking Truck!!!

Garry in Kodiak, Alaska

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...