barely a 510

i first got brought onto this site because mike klotz noticed my NL320. but i thought you guys might want to see ONE of my projects me and my dad are workin on. it started out as it was gonna get leibers, a cage, built up z series block with 16:1 compression, dual solexes, and all the goodies. just a mild build. that was 2 years ago.

P1000575.jpg

he just kept changin his mind and eventually all thats left of the car is the skin and the dash.

so far:

full cage, tube frame, Q45 rear end, battle option 240sx control arms, 300zx hubs, 17x10 5zigen wheels w/ 275/40/17r, recaro seats

currently: making mounts for rear control arms, redoing floor because no tranny hump needed with running a transverse motor, setting up fuel cell, cleaning up cage for paint, etc...

waiting on: pulsar gtir front clip through flashoptions(transverse sr20det, AWD, greddy t06 turbo, ported and polished, management system....450HP)

these are kinda old pictures but ill try to get some new ones soon.

old subframe, now tubular with fabricated mounts

P1010155.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010178.jpg

compared to the leibers

P1010209.jpg

had to cut 7" out of quarter panel

P1010205.jpg

P1010213.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that hurts to see what looked like a beautiful clean ol dime hacked up like that!:eek: Thats just 1 mans opinion tho. It comes a little from liking the stock look but mostly from being to scared and UNABLE to do such a rad fabrication job!:eek:

• Like 1

yeah, he is still kickin his ass for cuttin it up like that. the whole plan in the beginning was not to cut anything at all. its also a shame that while working on it we each picked up more 510s while working on it. they wouldve been way better cars to do that to.

2000951214782317786_rs.jpg

the blue one got the leibers and this nifty piece of work outta the red one

2001362200111769743_rs.jpg

1lo620- thats one clean datsun you got. saw it up at summer slam this year. i had no truck to bring this year:( because i was too busy workin on this thing.

I think your project is bad ass!! Who cares about cutting up old datto's. If I had a shop like that mine would look the same. I want to do a similar setup to my 1200. Fab work is the shit! Keep the pics coming, its kinda weird that 2 cars on here have the z32/s13 suspension.

I think every good fab job should have a can of chew under the car too. I must say, I just finished up a GTiR engine install into a 200sx ser, the engine had no internal mods and a 2540 turbo, 550 injectors, SDS standalone, and other minor stuff. Downshifting from fifth to forth it has a hard time hooking up. I don't mean a little spinning, I mean no traction and front end sliding away. It needs to be AWD and I will not be at all surprised to see this as a mid 11 second ride. Oops, I just looked at the specs on the engine you're getting. Let's say mid to high tens. The 240 coupe in my garage is putting 370 to the wheels and running 11.34@124 on street tires. (That was a Mustang dyno) This 510 is going to be a blast.

Any more pics of the x-member? Haven't seen one that uses heim joints, only spherical bushings...any pictures of the fab work on that thing?

Duke my 510 has the same kinda set up (a little different) as that using heim joints as well as Troy Ermishs bluebird he offers the same set up its just kinda expensive because of the fab work and if you use good heims (teflon coated ) they to can get pricey

and by the way that build is F'N sick cant wait for future updates

Any more pics of the x-member? Haven't seen one that uses heim joints, only spherical bushings...any pictures of the fab work on that thing?

Duke my 510 has the same kinda set up (a little different) as that using heim joints as well as Troy Ermishs bluebird he offers the same set up its just kinda expensive because of the fab work and if you use good heims (teflon coated ) they to can get pricey, if you were interested in doing that to your car

oh and by the way that is an awesome build cant wait for future updates :D

got a little bit of work done this weekend. heres some pics.still need to gusset these mounts a little bit.

2006389813384143391_rs.jpg

jigging up the driver side with old subframe and starting on building.

2006329065894088677_rs.jpg

view of whole back half.

2006394949620713227_rs.jpg

some more goodies goin in: recaro seats, full plumbed halon system, fuel cell, misc nismo badges and caps, full stereo, greddy large capacity diff cover.

2004041996370415392_rs.jpg

heres the only other pic i found of the old K member. sorry, no fab pics.

2005270272790083872_rs.jpg

heres the powerplant goin in. its gonna take a lot of work to get that beast in and setup right.

450bhphorsepowerpulzar1.jpg