I was reading this thread:

Block Ventilation

and I noticed the Weber adapter plate in the pic posted by datzenmike:

IMG_0330.jpg

The adapter that I'm currently using looks like this:

100.745-2.jpg

I'm guessing the one pictured above is this one:

100.099-2.jpg

So my question is, will either type work on the stock intake? I hate the two piece design with 3 separate gaskets. I like the taller one piece adapters the best, but I'm afraid my air cleaner will be too close to the hood when I switch to my L20 (510 wagon).

Thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree i like the tall one peice best thats what i have on my 610 that origilly had an l18 it now has an l20b with the short airfilter and i still had to hammer the hood structure flat in one spot to get the hood to close but it has the added advantage of acting like a velocity stack

DSC04388.jpg

i must be the only one but both of the regular adapters ive used i had to hog out the holes on one side of the carb. its never been a plug and play, bolt and go. one of them on a l20b and one on a l16. and one on a fellow members l18:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: anyone know what i'm talking about?

i must be the only one but both of the regular adapters ive used i had to hog out the holes on one side of the carb. its never been a plug and play, bolt and go. one of them on a l20b and one on a l16. and one on a fellow members l18:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: anyone know what i'm talking about?

Are you talking about the 2 piece adapters (2nd pic in original post), or the 1 piece flat type (3rd pic in original post)?

It seems like if you use the 1 piece, you would have to enlarge the holes in the carb on the side nearest to the engine. That end uses the original stud locations from the intake, and they are not the same spacing as the carb.

Has anyone else had to do this when using the I piece?

• 7 years later...

Anyone else put a 32/36 on an L16 620? The adapter plates I got look like the 3rd picture in op's post. the single plate. But those hole are maybe a few millimeters off. Wondering if thats normal? Also where does one get the tall one piece adapter? I'm ordering from weber carbs direct right now.

Tall adapters often put the carb so close to the hood that you can't run an air cleaner. You can always bend up the hood by dropping the hood on a strategically placed piece of scrap 4x4 (placed on the valve cover). This is a poor man's cowl induction and may allow you to use the tall adapter.

The cast two piece adapters are good, but be sure to use red loctite on the threads of the pocket screws and on the studs, otherwise it will come loose all the time.

Okay, I'll stick to the shorter adapter plates. Decided between the two piece I just had on or the one pics I just got in the mail, but have to file my carb to fit.

Thank you for the loctite reminder, I now see yet another possible cause to my original issue, thanks!

Tall adapters often put the carb so close to the hood that you can't run an air cleaner. You can always bend up the hood by dropping the hood on a strategically placed piece of scrap 4x4 (placed on the valve cover). This is a poor man's cowl induction and may allow you to use the tall adapter.

The cast two piece adapters are good, but be sure to use red loctite on the threads of the pocket screws and on the studs, otherwise it will come loose all the time.