- - - - -

240z Velo Rossa kitcar

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LAYEDOUTB2K

LAYEDOUTB2K
  • Cars:64 NL320, 2 '72 510s, 2 1600s, '71 v8 240z

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

I stumbled upon this will browsing CL and figured I would post it here. I know there is a thread for CL finds but figured this was unique enough to have it's own thread.

http://kpr.craigslis...1493700641.html

Posted Image Posted Image

Velo Rossa Project For Sale

I started this project several years ago. For several reasons, it's sat untouched for the last three years. It's finally time to cut it loose as I just won't have the time or resources to dedicate to getting it finished for quite some time. If you don't know what a Velo Rossa is, start by looking at these links: http://www.reactionr...rch.com/vr.html and http://www.reactionr...orr/gallery.htm

I purchased the body kit to install on my '71 240Z Chassis. A LOT of work has been done to prep the chassis for the body kit and for a Chevrolet small block V8. A wealth of information can be found regarding modifying and upgrading Datsun Z cars at this site: http://forums.hybridz.org
You can also get information about other VR projects and talk to other VR owners on the HybridZ site.

I am not interested in parting this project out UNLESS I sell the body kit first. If I find a buyer for the body, I will consider selling other components separately. If that happens, I will create a new post. Please donít ask me to sell parts until/unless that happens. Vastly prefer a buyer who can come inspect everything before a sale. I donít want to deal with shipping to someone who hasnít actually touched the car.

Some pictures here: http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink
I have A LOT more pictures available to those seriously interested.

All parts listed are new except where noted. Here are the basics on my project:

Velo Rossa Body kit
Includes a full-tilt front bonnet and square tube mount kit. Upgraded, bolt-on cheek panels, clear headlight covers, door skins, rear tub, trunk lid and fuel filler door. The only piece missing is the header cap (covers the top of the windshield where roof was cut away). I lost it while moving. A new one can be purchased from Reaction Research. I will also include a full fiberglass dash from Reaction Research. The dash surface is a bit scuffed, but in otherwise perfect condition. The body parts have not been installed, with the exception of the bolt-on cheek panels. I will include the installation manual from Reaction Research. The entire body kit is sitting on the 240Z chassis.

1971 240Z chassis
The body has been completely stripped, placed on a rotisserie and taken back down to bare metal. Any and all rust found in the body was cut out and new patch panels were welded-in. 2x3 inch steel sub-frame connectors were installed to stiffen the chassis. The top has been cut per the VR instruction manual as have the rear wheel arches. The stock fuel tank and the spare tire well have been removed and a square tube frame has been fabricated to accept a Summit aluminum fuel cell (included). The entire underside of the car has been coated with POR-15 and 3M rubberized under coating. The engine bay has been stripped, unnecessary holes welded closed and repainted.

Front Suspension
The front suspension has been completely replaced. The cross-member has been filled and re-drilled per the lower control arm/bump-steer modification many on HybridZ recommended. The front struts have been shortened 1.5", sand blasted and repainted. New adjustable coil over package installed with Tokico 5-way adjustable strut inserts and 200lb springs. All new bearings and urethane bushings. The front hubs have been replaced with 5 lug hubs from Modern Motorsports. New tie rod ends and bump steer spacers are included. The steering rack has been repainted and new boots installed.

Rear Suspension
The strut housings have been shortened 1.5", sand blasted and repainted. New adjustable coil over package installed with Tokico 5-way adjustable strut inserts and 225lb springs. All new bearings and urethane bushings. Brand new spindle pins have been installed as well. The rear hubs have been replaced with 5 lug hubs from Modern Motorsports.

Brakes
The front brake rotors have been upgraded to larger, vented rotors with Outlaw Racing's 4 piston aluminum calipers. The rear rotors are brand new as well. The rear brakes have also been upgraded to Outlaw Racing calipers and include a hydraulic e-brake.

Engine (Not installed in car)
Chevrolet 350 small block that has been professionally machined to .030 over (355 cid) with all new components installed. Comp Cam, Edelbrock RPM aluminum intake, Brand new GM Vortec (iron) heads (purchased from Sallee Chevrolet) that have been professionally upgraded with Manley 2" valves, ported, polished and tested on a flow bench. Ceramic coated shorty headers, Kevko low-profile oil pan and Holley 670 Street Avenger carb (used). The engine has never installed or run.

Transmission (Not installed in car)
T-56, 6-speed transmission sourced from a '97 Ram Air Firebird. The transmission was inspected by a professional before I purchased it. I also have a Weir Hot Rod Products bell housing adaptor kit to mate the trans to the motor. This adaptor kit includes a hydraulic throw out bearing assembly. Included is a brand new 153 tooth fly-wheel and a B&M Short Throw shifter.

JTR Install kit (to install chevy V8 in Datsun Z car)
Includes setback plates, spacers, driveline adaptor and lower radiator mount.

Pricing:
This is a very conservative estimate of what Iíve got into this project. This doesnít include A LOT of consumables, paint and ancillary stuff.

Body Kit ................................................................................... $4,500+
(including upgraded cheek panels, dash, headlight covers)

Chassis, Suspension and Brakes...................................................$2,200+

Engine..........................................................................................$3,000+

Transmission.................................................................................$1,200+
(Includes fly-wheel and B&M Shifter)

Wier Hotrod Product trans adaptor...............................................$600
(includes hydraulic TOB)

Misc: JTR Kit, Carb, Headers, used starter, alternator, etc ..........$400+

Iíve got well over $12,000 into this project (conservatively)

Iíll make the best deal to someone who wants the whole project. I know I wonít get my money back on this so Iím open to REASONABLE offers. I MIGHT consider trades for complete, running and interesting vehicles.

Again, I wonít sell separate the items unless the body kit is sold first.

Thanks for looking.

The pictured red car is an advertisement for the body kit builder. The white car is mine.

You are always exposed to danger, danger of getting hurt, danger of dying. This is your life, and you either approach it in a, in a professional, in a cool manner or you just drop it, leave it alone and don't do it anymore. And I happen to like too much what I do to just drop it, I can't drop it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2009 NW Regional Karting Points Champion