hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem. the only reason why i put the gas tank in the original spot was i didnt want to route gas lines twice.

Pacific Coast dastun: im not going to be able to make it to the last reso show unfortunately. im not going to have the truck driveable by then, i wont have an air tank.

no problem. the only reason why i put the gas tank in the original spot was i didnt want to route gas lines twice.

Pacific Coast dastun: im not going to be able to make it to the last reso show unfortunately. im not going to have the truck driveable by then, i wont have an air tank.

You can always get a trailer..& a 5 gal. air tank @ auto zone is only $25.:D

Looks like the joint at the pumpkin should be switched to a heim. That would allow enough flex. Bottom links control front to back, wishbone controls wrap and side to side. But i'm no suspension guru so i might be wrong.

Why switch to heim? When bushings don't break and heims make noise and are known for breaking. Bushings give plenty of flex. I have a triangulated 4 link on my S-10 and have driven it for 4 years and the bushings are holding up great.

Voleurz- the poly urathane bushings on eah pivot point of the wish bone allow a ton of flex. ive tested different angles of the suspension by filling up one bag to check this. thanks for the compliment, i do do all the fab work myself.

bluemeanie-If I were to switch to a hime at the pumpkin it would elliminate the purpose of running a wish bone because then you would have to run a panhard bar also.

Pacific coast datsun- i have a regular air tank i just wanted to drive it there instead of trailering it there. :(

No updates, unfortunately.

Voleurz- the bags up front are contitech 2500. im not running any sort of custom arm setup, i thought about it but since there was no need for it i didnt do a custom arm set up.

I just ordered a bunch of stuff: all of my fittings, firewall tubs, some lower links, a gauge and my switches...it was expensive though :( but its totally worth it. Ill finally be done with the rear end suspension.:D

• 2 months later...

well its been a while. rear suspension is totally done, front suspension is totally done, got some tailighs hooked up and got some fresh new whitewalls(cant even call them whitewalls but its what i can afford). oh and i also started doing the body work just so i can spray bomb it later in satin black, atleast itll be straight again. I also dug my bench seat out of the garage and gave it a good cleaning, one of the few things the packrats didnt get to. Windsheild seal should be comeing in anytime now so i can seal up the cab and be done with the interior. its moveing along, slowly. :cool:

Ill get some pics up as soon as i get the battery charged on my camera. I got my winsheild seal in today, so im going to install the windsheild probably this upcoming week. I started gluing down my carpeting and i also installed the seat. I also started falreing the fenders, got one side done. I can actually turn now, when its all the way down. A new battery mount is in the works, also the rest of the air tank mount. I really need to get a compressor, does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap one?

Fisch, I looked at your website today. You're artwork is simply amazing.

Fisch, I looked at your website today. You're artwork is simply amazing.

Thanks HAcked! I will throw the props right back at you cause your 521 is a thread I get giddy as a schoolgirl to click on every time there is an update. That down shot in your avatar is one of the coolest datsun shots ever. And the fact that you are what, 16 (or 17 by now?) and are doing this kinda work and know your shit this much slays me!

• 2 weeks later...

well, i got some updated pictures for yuh..windsheild is installed..unfortanetly youre right kiznook, carpet is not for ratrods. The overall truck took a blow from that but it looks so much better than just bare floor, i didnt really know what else to put down. I looked into that york pump conversion and was about to do it but i priced it all out and go and buy a good air compressor for the same price. Ill just buy a 12volt one from harbor freight for now, cant go wrong for about $40. The blue car is the weekend racer, dirt modified with sbc running on methanol:eek: its fun.

CIMG1348.jpg

CIMG1506.jpg

CIMG1504.jpg

CIMG1344.jpg

CIMG1347.jpg

CIMG1507.jpg

CIMG1437.jpg

im building a flame thrower module for the exhaust and was wondering if anyone has ran a set of flamethrowers on anything? the reason why i was asking is i still need to build an exhaust and wanted to know if the actual length of the exhaust system mattered or if you could have the tips right at the door and still run flame throwers. oh and also where you had positioned the spark-plug at the tip of your exhaust..about so many in. from the end. just some stuff to scare the hondas:lol:

]2eDeYe-thanks for reconfigureing the pics, i didnt like the way they layed out but didnt really know how to change it.

Pacific coast- the bed is behind my garage. The bed bottom will basikly be getting replaced and tubbed, im going to do the extended rockers but try to match it pretty good to the door lines( i like the look of a matched bed). Plus its getting vertical rear leds that are going to fit like a caddi. The bed needs too much work than i can afford at the moment. Im just trying to get this thing street legal to use as a daily driver to work.

I rebuilt my rochester 2 barrel for the truck yesterday and it runs great, the idle could use a little adjustment but thats all fine tuneing stuff. Later down the road, i kinda want to take one of those superchargers off of the gm ecotec engines and put it on a built l20, but thats down the road. lol

Trucks nearly all painted and ready to get registered/driven, i just have been having some agrivating problems with turn signals and flashers.

HAcked, cool to know you have a bed in the wings for it. Did you ever thing about a simple box bed, like an antique ford with no fenders at all? Might look neat, but then again might not, guess we'd have to see it!