water pump replacement L20b engine

AtomChurch

is there a after market water pump that i can get that doesnt have a fan bracket thing on it? because the one on my L20 sticks out to far for my electric fan to fit ok so i had to move the radiator all the way over to the side. I have a radiator from a volvo 2000.

when i take the housing off oil shoots out of the inside of the fan mounting thing that seems to be connected to the water pump pully.

what are my options?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are water pumps with a fun clutch and usually has a pully on there also

then there are the pumps with out and need a matching pully to go on th waterpump

I notice from cars to trucks the truck fan clutch holes spacing is bigger than the cars. So there are to different size mountings

I myself run 510 fan/pully and a 510 water pump weither its a L16-20.

I would have got the stock radiator for it

go to rockauto.com and ck on some datsun vehicles and there might be some photos

You must be refering to the clutch fan. It has a silicone fluid inside to provide drive force for the fan.

The clutch fan is integral with the water pump and cannot be removed. There are other models that don't have the clutch fan assy. I had an electric fan once. To get clearance I hack sawed the clutch fan off. The pulley is unaffected by this and it worked super. LOTS of room, used the stock pump, didn't have to remove.