kicking out the gremlins

datsunfish

It feels like it takes off in second gear when in drive.When put in low it takes off better...sometimes.I got it to hold stable when put in gear and not stall out.It is a BW auto btw.It seems that there is still some crap in the fuel system.I dialed it in pretty good with a nice weber today and it eventually started popping a bit.Kinda intermittent.That will eventually get better I hope.If not I will take out the tank.

On another note,the gasket at the tank fill opening leaks BAD.Where can I get one?Does anyone know the nissan PN?What would be the best material to use should I need to make my own?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the gasket swapped today.Runs good but still seems to stay in second when in drive.I think it needs a bigger cam or a L20b.:Dhmmmm Good enough for now.:D

Two things can cause this.

Shift linkage out of adjustment... not actually in Drive but in Second.

Kick down solenoid on all the time or down shift cable out of adjustment. Switch is at top of gas pedal, cable is adjusted at carb.

A poorly tuned motor or vacuum leak might also prevent an up-shift. Guess that's three things.

Which fill neck do you have? if you have the one with the metal inbetween the filler and the tank this part number will get you a new on :D I'm personally holding one in my hand I order about a week ago and got hehe

17229-n2100

I just hope it wasn't the last one :D hehe

I gues it just feels like it starts out in second because 1st gear is so long.Whats worse than a 4 speed?A 3 speed!Revs kinda high on the freeway but whatever.I got it dialed in pretty nice and am now driving it around just fine.the w53 on the l16 is pretty peppy considering 1.6 ltrs.Still a few electrical issues with the head lights but I will get that figured out.

I dont like loud much any more but this stock shit is just too quiet.I need 1 7/8" pipe and a nice muffler.What is a good muffler for the stock location?No straight through or turbo pieces of crap.

Thanks for everybodys input.I am still in disbelief that I actually got a dime.I said earlier in the year that I wanted one but didnt figure I would follow through.Still yet to get rid of the 620 though.

I gues it just feels like it starts out in second because 1st gear is so long.Whats worse than a 4 speed?A 3 speed!Revs kinda high on the freeway but whatever.I got it dialed in pretty nice and am now driving it around just fine.the w53 on the l16 is pretty peppy considering 1.6 ltrs.Still a few electrical issues with the head lights but I will get that figured out.

I dont like loud much any more but this stock shit is just too quiet.I need 1 7/8" pipe and a nice muffler.What is a good muffler for the stock location?No straight through or turbo pieces of crap.

Thanks for everybodys input.I am still in disbelief that I actually got a dime.I said earlier in the year that I wanted one but didnt figure I would follow through.Still yet to get rid of the 620 though.

What do you mean, that headlight wiring was perfect! :D So are you driving her to work every morning now?