• Topmotoring
    • Troy Ermish
    • GC

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't anything special about coilover set-ups other than these suppliers have for the most part packaged over the counter parts for you. They eliminated the research you'd need to do to assemble the correct pieces yourself. You can do it yourself and save a few bucks if you feel comfortable in doing the research, but you don't have the history that these guys have from doing it wrong every once in a while.

Go to the Pro Shock website and you can build a set for as little as $450/pair complete with springs using their MSRP prices. Do some shopping around to different suppliers and you are at $400/set using a non adjustable C/O shock. Or you can take it to the 9th degree with remote canister Penske shocks and be well over $1200 for your set.

Shock valving is directly related to spring rate for your suspension to work properly. Non adjustable shocks are cheap initially, but to change valving they are either replaced or sent in for re-valving. Multi adjustable shocks are great because they are tunable by turning a knob. But without proper knowledge of what does what, you can be worse off than by using non adjustable shocks.

A typical 50/50 non adjustable coil over shock with a 4 setting should fit most driver

I bet all three kits will work fine. you have to find out what spring rates they come with. I would say you would get more support from ground control than ermish and then T3 may be a tie. The T3 kit is basically a ground control kit which it may be using a Toyota corolla GTS rear AGX shock. not a bad kit for the money. I agree you could make your own kit buy doing research if you want to save money or have the feeling of making your own stuff. that is what I will be doing soon.

I have owned two sets of the Top Motoring coil overs. I was very happy with them. Jordan is a friend of mine and local to the Portland area. He has gone far out of his way to help me out when he could. I highly recommend him and the setup he sells.

I'm about to buy my QA1 coil over setup for my 521. The best price I can find anywhere is from Paradise Racing - $349 + $28 shipping for the DR3855P coil over set with springs. You'll be hard priced to beat that price. Other QA1 dealers I have talked to said that price is below their cost. It appears that Paradise is a high volume QA1 dealer.

Edited by slodat
but what is the part number for the 510 ones

Well. I feel strongly that he has done the research and therefore the few bucks that he may or may not make on the sale of the coilovers. I do know for certain that you will not duplicate his setup with a single out of the box part number from QA1. They are worth his selling price. Better than the other options you posted above in my opinion. I did buy them for two cars after all..

Troys coil overs are QA1 also.just thought i would throw that out there.

ya they are and he has the guy that does his shocks on his stock car custom valve them if you want, the problem I found with the single adjustable (rebound) ones is they are not valved for such a light car that the extra cost involved isnt worth the cash out of the 12 clicks I have never been past 4 clicks from soft because they just hold the car down to much, I had my non- adjustables custom valved and are great :D and well worth the cash.

Clayton

There really isn't anything special about coilover set-ups other than these suppliers have for the most part packaged over the counter parts for you. They eliminated the research you'd need to do to assemble the correct pieces yourself. You can do it yourself and save a few bucks if you feel comfortable in doing the research, but you don't have the history that these guys have from doing it wrong every once in a while.

Go to the Pro Shock website and you can build a set for as little as $450/pair complete with springs using their MSRP prices. Do some shopping around to different suppliers and you are at $400/set using a non adjustable C/O shock. Or you can take it to the 9th degree with remote canister Penske shocks and be well over $1200 for your set.

Shock valving is directly related to spring rate for your suspension to work properly. Non adjustable shocks are cheap initially, but to change valving they are either replaced or sent in for re-valving. Multi adjustable shocks are great because they are tunable by turning a knob. But without proper knowledge of what does what, you can be worse off than by using non adjustable shocks.

A typical 50/50 non adjustable coil over shock with a 4 setting should fit most driver